cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator opinion fails the users

kosh2
Grafter

I note from the thread I feel that Plusnet are.... (http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39745) the final comment by fa55dsl which whilst maybe inthe spirit of the forums fails to take into account the mood of users at present. perhaps mr fa55dsl cound suggest where else to find...
another outlet
19 REPLIES
N/A

The idea of the Community Support forum is that is a place where issues can be raised and *HELPFUL* suggestions can be given to peoples problems and maybe (if anyone listens) to Plusnet. It is not a forum for slagging off other people, nor is it a forum purely for moaning about the service - there are enough existing threads on this vane without adding more of them.

The thread that was locked was going nowwhere constructive and so was locked.

The above is purely my own opinion but does show that not all users agree with your statement about mod opinion failing the users - IMHO they're doing the best they can under difficult circumstances for no reward, just alot of hassle.
N/A

I understand what fa55dsl is saying. Basically some of the comments are not really suitable for community support but all users should be able to have an opinion, so maybe open a new forum called "Rants 'n' Raves" Cheesy

Allthough at the moment, I can't see Plusnet allowing it as there would be more posts there than anywhere else.
kosh2
Grafter

I also understand what f55dls is saying and in the main I agree but everyone, mods included, have to acknowledge that the very recent erosiion of service and the removal of binaries will cause uproar.

How else will Plusnet hear our voices?

Good idea about the rants and raves forum though I image plusnet staff will avoid such a forum like the plague.
Community Veteran

A rants and raves forum is definatly not something we would be able to carry. We realise the forums here are strictly moderated compated to some other forums, but without this level of moderation we wouldn't be able to make them work and PlusNet would probably have pulled the plug along time ago. The forums are aimed at a wide audience, therefore we can't make everyone happy with the way the forums operate all the time.

The forums are difficult to moderate at times and it wouldn't be possible for us to have say a relaxed forum where people can get angry.

If you are looking for a rant and rave forum, I believe there is something along those lines over on www.plusnetters.co.uk

Chris
N/A

While I agree that many things have not been dealt with well and a lot of customers are dissatisfied, I also have to agree that outright rants without any particular direction, or possibility of a decent outcome for either party are pretty much a waste of time. They're a way to vent, but don't tend to get the feelings across to the right people in a way they will accept or serve any other purpose than venting.
There are plenty of other forums for this although I don't think a blind rant would be that welcome at plusnetters or adlsguide. Customers need to take the moral high ground and express their concerns more eloquently if anyone is ever going to listen.
That's just my humble opinion though Wink
N/A

I was going to say hang about long enough and someone will come along and start advertising their plusnetters page.

BUT.... a quick read down seems i was a little late.
Gotta love the advertising Wink
sisgroup
Grafter

what do you mean advertising you mean in peoples signiturs? :?
N/A

mourby,

How was it advertising? From what I understand and have read andre02 asked
perhaps mr fa55dsl cound suggest where else to find...
another outlet

All fa55dsl did was provide an answer to the question or a suggestion at least.

On other news, I second Chris' views and too think that blind and rampant raves are something that cant be supported nor is it helpfull.

I can remember back to last september - december time when there was a huge stink in the forums and things were so bad I felt sorry for every mod and other users. I got to the stage where I blanked over 50% of the threads as I could guarantee they offered nothing more than a pointless and endless rant about something thats been done to the service.

Im not saying you cant moan about things, but whilst venting your frustration and feelings, why not do it in a constructive way with a body ( possibly a larger dictionary standing by than what I have ). This will in turn stand more chance of getting a response from Plusnet and even getting Plusnet to pay attention.

Anyway, my thoughts are out and sorry if I have driven on but im sure you see my POV even if you dont agree with it.

Regards,
thehatman
Grafter

I can see the point of threads saying funny things slagging off Plusnet. They help customers vent their justifiable dissatisafaction with humour.

Therefore should be allowed. People are fed up for good reasons and it's good therapy.

Anyway, we're the customers so it's our forum.

Down with censorious moderators. Wink
sisgroup
Grafter

Yes i agree they are very sencitive them mods to what you say about PlusNet you only have to say somthing and the mod it and wipe it out grrrrr :twisted:
Alecto
Grafter

I don't think the moderators should have to put up with constant posts harping on about them not doing something or other that the posters want.

The moderators do a superb job, and I for one would be in favour of them stopping such pointless attacks by locking the threads, or banning the perpetrators.
What on earth these people hope to achieve by such behaviour is beyond me.
N/A

Gotta love the advertising Wink

Smiley
Community Veteran

Just to pick up on what Chris said about a rant and rave forum on plusnetters we did used to have something along these lines but it was removed IIRC because it was hardly ever used.
N/A

What Daniel has said is, I believe correct. Nothing stopping you from visiting and having a good rant though. Smiley

Beware, the moderator on plusnetters spits fire! Wink