cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator election

Community Veteran

Moderator election

The nomination period has passed by and we now have all the information that we need to commence the vote for the moderator post.

We did originaly state that the vote would commence on the 2nd of March which was to give us time to chase up statements from people nominated in the closing days of the period.
However as there have been no new nominations for a while now and we do have all the statements there seems little point in waiting.

The original post also said that the vote would run for 1 week but it is felt that this does not give enough time to give everyone a chance to vote. With that in mind the voting period will be extended to 2 weeks.

Below is a list of the nominees and the candidates in the order that they were recieved.

Please cast your vote and if you wish post any comments in this thread.

All that remains now is to wish the candidates the best of luck and may the best man win.

------------------------------------------------------
I nominated Rogerloxton because I noticed he often posted trying to help other users of the forum. My second observation was his placatory manner when he was trying to help "irate" fellow customers.
His wording - whilst still helpful - was sometimes just enough to give a reality check and get the mood of the thread back to a discussion rather than a rant.
I also get the impression Roger has the where-with-all (seems level headed) to know when it is time to put ones foot down regarding especially reactionary posts that occur from time to time.

(I don't know if my impression is correct or not, but I trust my feelings as they often turn out to be at least close to the truth).

I think I would be a suitable candidate to help moderate the forum as I think I am very fair, and help as much as I can.
It has only been until recently where I felt confident enough to jump into the forum and help as much as I could, and have enjoyed helping the other users here =)
Obviously, I don't know it all, but I have a fairly good idea of where to look if I don't know!

-------------------------------------------------------
I have decided to propose tracer for the moderator position. Tracer isn't the most well known of posters and is not always a regular poster. However looking at his posts he is clearly level headed and his previous moderating experience from other forums would certainly come in useful in our Community here on the PlusNet forums.

Why me ?
I've had experience moderating forums in the past in my admin job with the UK's largest GISP Jolt UK where i was head admin for Natural Selection for 2 years and head admin for Freelancer for 2 years and also admin for Team Fortress Classic for 2 years.
Those jobs involed moderating forums and sorting out any problems the public had and helping with support problems and server/game issues via mIRC and the forums.

About me
I'm a calm level headed person who works well under pressure but i can also be firm when required.
I am very much a people person and i do have a good sence of humor.
I have been with plus net for 5 years now altho i havn't posted alot on the forums but i am willing to give admining a try if given the chance.

--------------------------------------------------------

I would like to nominate chillypenguin for the role of moderator. Chillypenguin has served 5 years on these forums helping others in need. He progressed to become part of the tutorials team and also is part of the usergroup.
Chillypenguin has always approached matters with a fair and open attitude. This in my mind is what our community needs in a moderator in order to keep a smooth and pleasant atmosphere.

As a PlusNet customer, and regular forum contributor for 5 years, I feel that it is time that I give something back to the community by offering my services as a forum moderator.
Over these five years I have been an active member of the community, including being a member of the Tutorial Team, and am an active member of the PlusNet Usergroup.

--------------------------------------------------------
21 REPLIES
N/A

Moderator election

Can I vote for both roger and chilly? What do you mean "No"?

Time to toss a coin then....

Seriously both are great choices, and I think it's a real shame to have to choose between them.
Community Veteran

Moderator election

The good news for the loser is that there will always be another chance in the future when we loose the next Mod. Cry
By standing for election here they tend to get known that bit more for next time. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Moderator election

Are PlusNet recruiting again then
http://www.plus.net/careers/opportunities/ :twisted:
Community Veteran

Moderator election

Well they're not getting me but they have "stolen" a few in the past :?
N/A

Moderator election

And they certainly dont want me so im safe.
Community Veteran

Moderator election

and I want to go to uni before they even think about pinching me (although they can have me on my sandwich year if they want Tongue)
Community Veteran

Moderator election

I have to ask: Whatis a sandwich year?? I've heard of a gap year...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Moderator election

Typically it's when a four year course consists of 2 years at uni followed by a year in a related industry doing structured training/experience followed by a final year at uni.
Community Veteran

Moderator election

Ah, thanks ... probably better than just doing 4 years at Uni for an Honours degree like I did (and most people in Scotland do I think)

/me now stops dragging the thread off topic
Community Veteran

Moderator election

my course at cale is 1 year degree or 3 years honours with 1st being degree, 2nd a sandwich year and 3rd honours, its becoming the norm in many courses in Scotland now!

Hey guys btw!
johnmglen
Grafter

Moderator election

None of 'em, they're all rubbish - vote me - you know it makes sense. :lol:
N/A

Moderator election

So when exactly does this election close?
The tension is too much.

:roll:
Community Veteran

Moderator election

2nd or 3rd of March I believe.

So you still have another week to vote.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Moderator election

If the forum software works properly it should stop allowing votes at midnight on Friday the 2nd of March.
I made the poll for 14 days and it started on 17th at 01:23 hrs
So at this time there is a over another week and 2 days to go.