cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator Nominee's and Voting

N/A

Right then.

We have had some nominations in and all of whom are worthy of being put forward for the election process.

The candidates are as follows;

• hunthome
  • rogerloxton
  • lestones

Below you will find the nomination text followed by a breif paragraph from the nominee's. Remember it is up to you to vote as individuals on who you deem to be a worthy candidate.
As a warning if any attempt is made by either any candidate or member of the forum to get others to vote for their prefered candidate the whole voting process will be classed as null and void and will have to start from scratch.

hunthome

Nominator: no7olivier

I feel hunthome will make a good moderator, because his posts are constructive and helpful and I feel he would be able to keep a level head whilst moderating and moderate fairly, keeping in mind the best interests of the community and forums at all times.

I've been a customer for number of years, and have contributed where I can and I hope my feedback has been constructive to PlusNet and to the community as a whole. I appreciate being part of a community where staff and customers can communicate on a personal level, and have seen this work well.

Not having been the most regular poster, I still feel I have a lot more to give and learn from the vast experience of others - therefore would be keen to apply for a Moderator role. It didn't seem that long ago I was new here, and I want continue to help making the community the unique way it is.

lestones

Nominator: chillypenguin

I nominate Peter Stone (lestones), for the moderators position. He has always shown patience and a level head on the forums. His post are consistent, constructive and helpful, a worth Bright Spark.

As a PlusNet customer for eighteen months, and a regular contributor to these forums, I have greatly enjoyed the opportunity to assist other users solve any technical problems they might have, and also to learn myself from the incredible skillbase that forms the PlusNet community. These forums, and the community that surrounds them, are part of what makes PlusNet special, and I should be delighted to serve this in any way I can.

rogerloxton

Nominator: holdtight

I feel that Roger would be very well suited to the role and bring good qualities to the forums as he has a good knowledge of PlusNet services and policies and he is very active within the forum and seems able to defuse heated situations as well as giving good advice.

I think I would be a suitable candidate to help moderate the forum as I think I am very fair, with the ability to give people a reality check in a friendly way, when things are getting out of hand and I try to help as much as I can.
My confidence has improved a great deal, and I'm now part of the PUG team which enables me to help the customer further.
Obviously, I don't know it all, but I have a fairly good idea of where to look if I don't know!

Now that we have our three candidates, I wish them all the very best of luck and may the best customer win Wink
Feel free to have a discussion below in relation to this election, but please note that I or the other mods will not condone anyone trying to derail the thread or cause problems.

Best of luck guys.
28 REPLIES
waldron
Grafter

Are usernames "lestones" and "peterstone" one and the same person?
Community Veteran

Yes, they are indeed, Both relate to Peter Stone.

Chilly
holdtight
Grafter

Hows that working then chilly ? im assuming Peter has changed username after the spam debacle but both are still appearing in the forum posts

Should it not be one or the other or am i missing something very simple here

Bill.
N/A

Both are current and active.

It is only due to the rules that the lestones account name is being used, and because most people already know lestones and may not be as quick to associate peterstones with this account.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Both are seperate paid for accounts controlled by one person - as regular forum users will know I've just moved into a new property away from my parents address (I'm twenty three for the benefit of those who'd like to know). I've been posting under the lestones username for a long time so for reasons of familiarity, plus a technicality of moderator rules, I'm having to stand as lestones until the community site is in force.

The ability to change usernames is a co-incidence in this instance, although I'm fortunate in that I moved house and therefore joined PlusNet just after the spam incident.

There isn't something simple you're missing. I'm sorry if this has confused anyone- TBH it'd confuse me trying to remember what posts I've seen logging under two usernames.

If I am elected then I will use the forums as lestones until the community site arrives for purposes of clarity, if not I will continue to exclusively use peterstone.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Also just wanted to say I was away for some of the evening yesterday and have PM'ed a mod my reasons for choosing to stand.

Just waiting for someone to kindly edit the original post, as it still says I was away at the moment Wink
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Don't know which mod you've PM'd but I've poked chilly who will hopefully pick this up shortly.

Good luck!
Community Veteran

Thanks Peter, good luck yourself!
I sent it to Daniel, but I guess he's been away this morning.

Will send Chilly a copy of the PM I sent to him.
holdtight
Grafter

Both are current and active.
It is only due to the rules that the lestones account name is being used

Ah i see now !

Thanks Tom , Peter.
Community Veteran

I have now edited Alex's (hunthome) text into the post. Smiley
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

As only a tiny percentage of forum users have voted so far, and in order to a give a strong mandate to the moderator(s) chosen, could existing mods, bright sparks and regular forum users consider a signature linking users to the election. This should be done without soliciting votes for any particular candidate (as Tom has made it clear this is against the election rules).

If users are seeing references to to the election in answers to threads, the process will be more visible to those users who dip in and out- and especially to those who might only be visiting forum to seek help with a particular problem.

As with any democratic process, it is in the interests of all involved that as many people as possible are given the opportunity to vote for those people who are to be chosen to represent them.
Community Veteran

Sounds like a good idea, I've never had a sig - so I could do with making one .. and finding a new avatar as well.

I think your signature should now read "The user formerly known as lestones", as in the style of Prince the singer Smiley
holdtight
Grafter

could existing mods, bright sparks and regular forum users consider a signature linking users to the election

Very good idea and done !
Community Veteran

Ok, count me in too. Now watch me completely forget to change my signature back once the election's over...