cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator Nominations

N/A

Moderator Nominations

As most of you are aware, since Chris resigned as moderator we have not held any nominations for a replacement.
Since I myself too am now resigning, leaving two gaps within the team would be a little too big.

As a result we are now holding a nomination process and voting process to fill a vacancy for a new forum moderator. The process and steps are highlighted below.

STEP 1
A nomination is required from a forum user to suggest another user who is willing to accept the position. The nominator must PM one of the existing mods with a short text (no more than 8 lines) explaining why they think their nominee would make a good forum moderator. This text will be used as part of the public voting thread. A user can not nominate themselves. All nominations must be complete by the end of Tuesday 19th June 2007.
However if a person who feels they would make a good moderator has not been nominated by another forum user. That person may PM one of the moderators who will then discuss the issue among the other moderators with a view to one of them possibly being the sponsor for that user. This PM must be received by the existing Moderators before Sunday the 17th June 2007.

STEP 2
The moderators will then assess that the nominated party fits into the following criteria -

1. Must have been a PlusNet customer for at least 6 months and currently be using a PlusNet paid account.

2. Must be a regular poster on the forums

3.Can not have been banned or warned for forum conduct in the last three months.

If the candidate does not fit within this criteria the moderators will inform the nominating member by PM.

STEP 3.
The moderators will contact the nominee by Private Message and ask them to confirm that they intend to stand for election . They will be asked to prepare no more 8 lines of text for the public voting thread. If they do not respond by the end of Wednesday 20th June 2007 or they choose not to stand, the moderators will inform the nominator by PM.
If more than 2 members nominate someone then the first recieved nomination and text will be used.

STEP 4.
The moderators will produce a list of all candiates, their text and that of the nominating party and enter it into a forum post and the community will be given 7 days to vote for their prefered candidate.

STEP 5
After the vote is complete, the moderators will assess the voting process to ensure it was conducted in a fair manner. If there is any evidence of unfairness then the election will be declared null and void with the whole process having to be re-run.
If all is above board, they will contact the winner asking if they intend to take the role. Once this is confirmed it will be annoucned to the community as a whole.

STEP 6
The chosen moderator will have standard moderating access for the trial period of 3 months, after which it will be increased to Moderating Administrator with full admin rights, unless we mutually decide they are not suitable to moderate the forums and another choice will be made.

Good luck to all and remember if you think you would suit the role then send us a PM and we will look at sponsoring your nomination ourselves.

Regards,
30 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Moderator Nominations

Tom, look at the dates mentioned in that post...

Saturday 19th June 2007
Friday 17th June 2007
Saturday 20th June 2007

...none of them are right!
N/A

Moderator Nominations

Why are they not?

The present month is June and it is 2007. Not sure where the problem is to be fair.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Moderator Nominations

Well the 19th is a Tuesday...
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Moderator Nominations

Indeed - and how could you possibly have a Friday the 17th followed by a Saturday the 20th?
N/A

Moderator Nominations

And s Saturday 19th and a Saturday 20th, when the 23rd is a Saturday as well :!: This is just wishfull thinking Wink
N/A

Moderator Nominations

Well when you put it like that.

Personally I found it rather easy to follow, but then my head is all messed up anyway so it slots in fine :lol:

Day names amended so the more sane minded can follow also :lol: Wink
Community Veteran

Moderator Nominations

Ok I'll start the nominations off then.
The runner up in the last round of nominations was rogerloxton so I'm going to give him another bite of the cherry and nominate him for this election.

Next
holdtight
Grafter

Moderator Nominations

rogerloxton gets my nomination too !

Not only for being runner up last time but also for being more than capable of the job
sophos9
Grafter

Moderator Nominations

rogerloxton gets my vote!
Community Veteran

Moderator Nominations

Could one (or both)of you send a PM to myself or any of the other moderators with a short text officially nominating him and reasons why.
This will then be used in the election process.

Much better if the actual nomination is from outside the existing moderating group.
Community Veteran

Moderator Nominations

Thanks guys - I'd be more than happy to stand for moderator this time round.. it's also humbling to know that some of you have put your faith in me already :!:
Community Veteran

Moderator Nominations

Nomination received from holdtight. Cool
Thanks for that.
holdtight
Grafter

Moderator Nominations

305 views so far do we have any other nominees or is it a one horse race ?

Of course im not referring you to a horse Roger neeeehhhh would never do that Wink
N/A

Moderator Nominations

As you know, traditionally all candidates are announced when the voting goes live.
I will say though that it is not a one horse race. But on the same token I would prefer at least another 5 nominations to make it very interesting.