cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem missing ?

N/A

Modem missing ?

I have had no dsl service for over 6 weeks now
I sent my faulty modem back to Plusnet's returns Dept with the RMA number,address etc clearly stated [Recorded delivery].
A week & a half went by, so i contacted PlusNet to see if a replacement had been sent.

After about a week of messages telling me the issue was being investigated, I was told they haden't received the modem.
So now i had to prove i sent it [Scans of receipts & a signiture] 'No Problem'!
2 weeks ago I was told the replacement modem was being dispatched that day [11-07-03]. Still no modem !
After sending messages via the 'Contact Us ' i am now told my issue is being raised with the accounts manager.

All i want is a modem what i paid for when i signed up to Plusnet.
Has anyone got any advise what i should do next ?..
I feel i am just being fobbed off ?. Cry
17 REPLIES
N/A

Modem missing ?

Hmm that doesn't look too good as far as customer service goes. You could try ringing them - I think you'd get better answers talking to someone.
N/A

Modem missing ?

Cancel the modem and buy your own, it may take a few months to get your money back but at least you'll be on line.
N/A

Modem missing ?

Cheers for Advice !
Plusnet support have been really good, it seems more the Returns Dep't where the problem is.
I noticed on my proof of delivery note, my modem was signed for by the company 'E buyer' .
Are they part of the same company ?
N/A

Modem missing ?

EBuyer are probably the company which supply the modems to +net. So that is probably the right place - but I can't be sure.

Edit: EBuyer.com - they are located in Sheffield, as are plusnet. I may be clutching at straws, but I see the connection.
Community Veteran

Modem missing ?

Check E-Buyer's About Us page, it explains thier history and links with PlusNet.

Ebuyer are a fully seperate company who PlusNet use for the out sourcing of some hardware services.

Chris
N/A

Modem missing ?

Yup - s'what I thought Smiley

[Moderator's note (by acarr): Deleted accidental duplicate post]
N/A

Modem missing ?

Ebuyer are a fully seperate company who PlusNet use for the out sourcing of some hardware services.

Not *THAT* seperate seeing as the person that created ebuyer was the person that created plusnet technologies.
N/A

Modem missing ?

Last year i sent 2 faulty splitters back , & they said that they had not received them . I got them replaced after alot of hassle.

Is it just me havin bad luck or what ? Evil
N/A

Modem missing ?

Maybe the post service is bad in you area? Smiley
Community Veteran

Modem missing ?

They were created by the same person, but they are fully seperate companies, E-Buyer don't own PlusNet and PlusNet don't own E-Buyer.

In the same way the post office is fully seperate from BT.

Chris
N/A

Modem missing ?

But we're not here to discuss who owns who, please mr moderator, stay on topic Smiley
N/A

Modem missing ?

The returns are being delivered.
It's just what happen to them afterwards where the problem is :?
N/A

Modem missing ?

Hmm..well pretending you don't know who it's signed by, it's still plusnet's responsibility right?

If it is, I would ring them. Maybe they can provide some clues?
N/A

Modem missing ?

Thanks !
Apparently my issue has been raised with the account manager, demanding what has happened to my Hardware.

See if anything happens tommorow , if not i will ring.