cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Problems and DECT Phone Problems

N/A

Modem Problems and DECT Phone Problems

After being connected for about 90 minutes I keep getting a message that there has been a problem with one of my USB devices, stopped working, which always turns out to be my ADSL Modem. I have to turn of my computer and turn off the power to the modem then switch everything back on again and it will run for about another 90 minutes then the same problem again. I am using XP, any Ideas?

The second problem I have is the interference on my DECT phone when connected to ADSL is too bad too use it. (My normal phone upstairs is clear reception)
Help?Huh
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Modem Problems and DECT Phone Problems

> After being connected for about 90 minutes I keep getting a message that there has been a problem with one of my USB devices, stopped working, which always turns out to be my ADSL Modem. I have to turn of my computer and turn off the power to the modem then switch everything back on again and it will run for about another 90 minutes then the same problem again. I am using XP, any Ideas?

Good Morning,

This could be due to Isochronous Data Transfer Issues reported with windows XP.

Please see the following link for further information:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307271&VOTE=1

> The second problem I have is the interference on my DECT phone when connected to ADSL is too bad too use it. (My normal phone upstairs is clear reception)

I don't know what could be causing this. It would be a good idea to raise this in www.adslguide.org.uk or in the uk.telecom.broadband newsgroup

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

RE: Modem Problems and DECT Phone Problems

> After being connected for about 90 minutes I keep getting a message that there has been a problem with one of my USB devices, stopped working, which always turns out to be my ADSL Modem. I have to turn of my computer and turn off the power to the modem then switch everything back on again and it will run for about another 90 minutes then the same problem again. I am using XP, any Ideas?
>
> The second problem I have is the interference on my DECT phone when connected to ADSL is too bad too use it. (My normal phone upstairs is clear reception)
> Help??

Yeah, ive got a similar problem, i can surf web pages but if i try to download at full speed(50kps+)i get the same problem, modem stops recieving and i have to reboot.....getting on my nerves now, been going on since day one for over a month, had new modem and still no change