cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Internet access now available!

N/A

If you want to keep in control of your busy schedule, we now have a National Rate access number available, for wireless Internet connections and e-mail on the move!

If you've got the right connection hardware, such as a Laptop PC connected to a data-enabled mobile phone, you can surf the Net, download important files or keep in touch with friends and colleagues via e-mail. National rate numbers are ideal for mobile Net access because they are available from any mobile phone network, and are often included in your mobile phone subscription's 'inclusive minutes'.

This National Rate number is 0870 7063000. For future reference, it is also available from our portal's comprehensive Technical Support section at http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html. Visit Technical Support and you'll also find lots of information and 'beginners-guides' to help you get the most out of the features included with your account.

Our National Rate connection is accessible for all Connect, ADSL and local-rate access users. You should be aware that the call costs for this number are charged at BT's national rate, and are not included in the unmetered provision of your Connect or ADSL account.

Regards,

Customer Support

--
http://www.plus.net
My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet!
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Mobile Internet access now available!

Surely in certain circumstances it would be cheaper to use the 0845 number, as this is local rate not national rate.?

I currently use my mobile phone's built in modem to connect to +Net (0845) at a location where there is no phone line. This works fine and I use it during my inclusive minutes.

It would be a good idea if people check with their network if 0870 numbers are included within this time.

Regards,

Dave W.
N/A

> Surely in certain circumstances it would be cheaper to use the 0845 number, as this is local rate not national rate.?
>
> I currently use my mobile phone's built in modem to connect to +Net (0845) at a location where there is no phone line. This works fine and I use it during my inclusive minutes.
>
> It would be a good idea if people check with their network if 0870 numbers are included within this time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave W.

Dave,

I believe some mobile networks don't allow you to use 0845 numbers for your free minutes but do allow 0870 calls. As you say though it is advisable to check with your mobile provider first.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

benoh
Grafter

> Surely in certain circumstances it would be cheaper to use the 0845 number, as this is local rate not national rate.?
>
> I currently use my mobile phone's built in modem to connect to +Net (0845) at a location where there is no phone line. This works fine and I use it during my inclusive minutes.
>
> It would be a good idea if people check with their network if 0870 numbers are included within this time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave W.

Some Network will not allow you to make data calls on 0845 numbers, hence the reason why we introdcued an 0870 number. If you can connect on the 0845 number the great, but if not at least you can now connect.

Ben O'Hara
Network Support Analyst
N/A

> Mobile Internet access now available!
>
>
> If you want to keep in control of your busy schedule, we now have a National Rate access number available, for wireless Internet connections and e-mail on the move!
>
> If you've got the right connection hardware, such as a Laptop PC connected to a data-enabled mobile phone, you can surf the Net, download important files or keep in touch with friends and colleagues via e-mail. National rate numbers are ideal for mobile Net access because they are available from any mobile phone network, and are often included in your mobile phone subscription's 'inclusive minutes'.
>
>
> This National Rate number is 0870 7063000. For future reference, it is also available from our portal's comprehensive Technical Support section at http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html. Visit Technical Support and you'll also find lots of information and 'beginners-guides' to help you get the most out of the features included with your account.
>
> Our National Rate connection is accessible for all Connect, ADSL and local-rate access users. You should be aware that the call costs for this number are charged at BT's national rate, and are not included in the unmetered provision of your Connect or ADSL account.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Customer Support
>
> --
> http://www.plus.net
> My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet!
>

How about just giving us a standard 01.... number for access. Using this it would be included in the inclusive minutes for every mobile phone user, and also accessible from outside the UK.

Tim
--
N/A

> Mobile Internet access now available!
>
>
Is there any possibility of using the GPRS networks to access +Net?

Paul