cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moaning Wingers

N/A

Moaning Wingers

Hi, I live in a litle village in North Wales, I have recieved the advice from Plusnet regarding upgrade to 8meg, and the problems involved, my friend who is a BT engineer, has advised thart, the best I can get, after testing line from exchange and inside bungalow, would be 5.5 to 6megs, and to be certain, he advises 4meg, so double, I would be happy with that! when I see so many users moaning about Plusnet, it means they cannot understand the technology involved, it is still in its infancy, and not forgetting BT is itself slowing this technology down, in order to get back into the market, have you seen their advertising! at the end of the day Plusnet does try to support its clients, but as with every other company, it gets it wrong sometimes!]
8 REPLIES
N/A

Moaning Wingers

it get its wrong 95% of the time thats what everyones gripe is at the moment
N/A

Moaning Wingers

One assumes from your post that you have not had to try and contact PN CS for anything recently. When you do have a problem that requires you to contact them then please feel free to repost and let us know your expierence and how quickly your issue was dealt with and just how happy you still are :roll: I have a feeling you may change your tune Wink
N/A

Moaning Wingers

Yes I agree. Try and get hold of Customer Services. The 0845 is all automated and the premium rate line keeps cutting off.

I sent an email to them on Thursday morning and it is now Saturday evening and I haven't heard a thing.

All the managers are probably on the golf course!
Community Veteran

Moaning Wingers

Support isn't offered via e-mail - PlusNet don't offer a support e-mail address, so I'm not sure how you might've got the impression they do. If you do need to contact them, refer to the link:Help Assistant.

Thomas
N/A

Moaning Wingers

Catechu I understand (ish) what your saying. I'd be pretty happy with a 3Mb-ish service (BT reckon I should get Cool that didn't drop all the time. I've raised a ticket relating to the stability however PN closed it without any form of resolution. Can you see why I might be one of the wingers (sorry, whingers) that you speak of? I'm not asking to download a gazillion GiB a month, just that they provide me with a stable connection...
N/A

Moaning Wingers

C'mon guys, follow the rules of the Forums. Don't feed the trolls. They're not housetrained and annoy people crossing over bridges. What? It isn't a rule...oh well, Cheesy
N/A

Moaning Wingers

Yes, the HelpLine (08454) waiting times are frightening. I've seen people complain about 20mins wait. Hell, I've experience over 45mins each time (twice having to give up as my lunch-break at work was up, and my neck - don't have a posh headset - cramped in a tilt position).

But the cake goes to the time I waited 82mins and the line just went silent... and died. Now, THAT is customer service!!!
:lol:
N/A

Re: Moaning Wingers

Hi, I live in a litle village in North Wales, I have recieved the advice from Plusnet regarding upgrade to 8meg, and the problems involved, my friend who is a BT engineer, has advised thart, the best I can get, after testing line from exchange and inside bungalow, would be 5.5 to 6megs, and to be certain, he advises 4meg, so double, I would be happy with that! when I see so many users moaning about Plusnet, it means they cannot understand the technology involved, it is still in its infancy, and not forgetting BT is itself slowing this technology down, in order to get back into the market, have you seen their advertising! at the end of the day Plusnet does try to support its clients, but as with every other company, it gets it wrong sometimes!]

None of which has anything to do with not getting email reliably - which has been the main cause for complaint this week
We are in the Highlands of Scotland and would probably not even get what you will. I don't care
I want a simple basic reliable service for email, straightforward surfing and text usenet.
I want to be able to contact someone with knowledge and experience and a pleasant, interested manner if I have a serious problem that I cannot fix by asking around and googling.
I am not getting this - i pay for it -- therefore I WILL complain