cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading product descriptions

N/A

why is plusnet still trying to con customers in?

Link

I came in as a new customer trying to look around. I could find nothing about the 'massive' 10gb cap nore even the 15gb cap for 2mb premier users - just the truly truly truly massive 30gb that we can longer have - and it mentioned 4pm to midnight for this that we havent had for ages.

This is really disfusting and indicative. Nowe it may be that Ive missed the correct info but, if so, then it's not easy to find.
18 REPLIES
ceridwen
Grafter

Well technically the new limits don't come into effect until 1st April - so I suppose the pages will change then (although it is a bit tough on those signing up this week to find that things have changed before they're even connected).

As regards the 4-12 peak time - we do have that now for non P2P/Usenet/FTP traffic. The 8am -12pm peak time only applies to P2P/Usenet/FTP (and this is covered by the link "How PlusNet Guarantees Quality Broadband" at the bottomm of the page you refer to (although easy to miss).

Matthew
N/A

true but you know as well as I do that this has been left to con new customers until the changeover.
shellsong
Grafter

Don't we still have the 30GB peak time limit anyway?-- It's just that we won't be able to use P2P/Usenet to reach it after 15GB and anything else we try using will be so heavily throttled it would take over a month anyway! :roll:
N/A

not that Im aware of

15gb and restrictions after 10gb

sort of broadband plus
N/A

Not being of a technical type can i say thanks to you for clearing up one or two points for me.....i have questioned why i have been capped twice now and all i get is why dont you upgrade..............i went to read the section on fair usage and it says quite clearly that to rectify unsustanable usage .cancell your broadband account with no further payment...tried this they wont let me wrong type of unsustable use or something.........my account no longer resembles anything i signed up for but when i question this i get some smart a..... answer that more or less says i am not telling the truth and i did sign up for what i have got.............dont think so.

did you sign up for unlimited I DID
ceridwen
Grafter

did you sign up for unlimited I DID

Looking at the date of your sign up (4 July 2005) - at that time PN's accounts were not described as "unlimited".

At that time they were advertised with no published limits (which isn't quite the same thing as being unlimited) and managed by contention alone.

You are correct, however, in that this is very different from the current products.

If you want to leave you could argue that the current refresh clearly constitute changes to the agreement, and therefore clause 24 of the T&Cs applies (so you are entitled to leave within 14 days as per 21.1.3).

Matthew
N/A

not that Im aware of

15gb and restrictions after 10gb

sort of broadband plus

Actually you ARE still given a 30GB SUP allowance. It is as you say though that restrictions will start at 10GB limiting you further till transfer protocols such as FTP and P2P are blocked and only smaller protocols like http are allowed at a 512 connection speed.

So from 15GB till 30GB you have http, VoIP, POP3, SMTP, gaming ports etc etc etc at 512. Usenet, P2P FTP etc etc etc are blocked.

Regards,
N/A

fantastic - how useful will that be
N/A

when i subscribed, i wsa under the impression it was an 'unlimited' service for the Premier package..

since joining, i have come to realise i was first conned into having a 'deferred payment' for the adsl package, and also a deferred payment for the modem which i havent used, as i have a 'good' wireless router instead.

then they start imposing limits on the accounts.
then they use 'bandwidth management'

and NOW, they are ditching newsgroup access.

this is the final straw for me - currently checking other ISP's packages, and hoping to jump ship soon.

this company [PlusNET] is a DISGRACEFUL shower of link:censored. !!

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs): Please do not deliberately disguise swear words. It is against the forum rules.]
N/A

findu,

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

Also can I ask you not to try and avoid the swear filters, this is a family forum and as such swear filters are in place.

In regards to your post, I dont believe your package was being sold as unlimited at the time. There have been changes to T&C's and you would have gotten an email regarding this to your postmaster account. The same again for this product refresh, although it was buried inside the newsletter.

One fact remains certain though, you are going to find it troublesum to find a ISP out there offering unlimited broadband. If you do find one then great, but how long will this remain before they either sell out or have to impose limits.

Most providers have decided to choose a hard cap limit with the ability to buy more, lets take Z for an example. £24.99 a month for a 30GB limit. Thats 30GB spread over peak and off peak. This is compared to the 30GB peak time sup limit with plusnet and the no set limit allowance off peak for just £21.99

Yes the usenet servers are being limited to text only as apposed to offering binary also.

On the whole I am neither a pro Plusnet or Anti Plusnet customer. I speak my mind and thoughts, but I personally think we have ourselves a reasonable deal.

Regards,
N/A

ok, will remember the CENSORSHIP rules, SORRY.!
N/A

the fact still remains however - at the time i subscribed (was a short period where they offered an unlimited package, and it altered within a week of subscription)(you should be able to check-up on this) - it clearly stated 'Premier unlimited', and since then you have changed the rules on many occasions - enough IS enough..
N/A

Findu.........after many months of comunications back and forth you come to realize that pn never advertised any package as unlimited they dont change t&c's just the contents of your contract sorry refresh the package it must be wonderfull to be right all the time and all the customers on various forms who are making complaints wrong..if they carry on as they are they will soon have more band width than they know what to do with.......as the saying goes you can fool some of the people some of the but ...........etc.etc..... roll on july iand i to will be long gone.
N/A

Product changes are due to the implementation of the sustainable use strategy, unfortunately providing all customers with all the details of these changes is apparently unusustainable!