cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading or what ?

N/A

Misleading or what ?

PlusNet is using misleading information from a survey conducted on behalf of uSwitch (http://www.uswitch.com/Broadband/index.aspx?ref=) to sell its product.

uSwitch had a company called YouGov conduct a survey of 16,000 people to ask about their broadband supplier.

In that survey 297 people responded about plusnet and rated them 92% overall (well it was in March)....

On the plusnet web sales pages site they repeat the scores of 92% http://portal.plus.net/whychooseus/ which is fine however they add the line "(Survey conducted by YouGov for uSwitch.com, March 2006. Sample Size 16,000)" .... this implies 16,000 people rated plusnet at 92% satisfied

URL (Website): http://portal.plus.net/whychooseus/

The next survey is in September so have written to uSwitch asking to be included.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Misleading or what ?

No, it implies 16,000 people where sampled and of them 92% where satisfied, 72% got value for money and so on. This is a pretty standard way of doing things and I dont think its misleading at all.

Chris
N/A

Misleading or what ?

Even though only 297 of the 16000 commented on Plusnet!!!!

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules and all caps response altered as it is considered rude and akin to shouting]
N/A

Misleading or what ?

Does it matter?
N/A

Misleading or what ?

Obviously it does to nandf, hence his/her post!

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
N/A

Misleading or what ?

I just think there are more pressing issues with PlusNets service at present.
willhome
Grafter

Misleading or what ?

92% happy

only 82% will recommand to friends...

never understood that. if its good for you shouldnt it be good for others....
unless they just dont have friends. :lol:
N/A

Misleading or what ?

Results based on percentage of customers surveyed who were very or fairly satisfied.

Does this mean the customers who weren't satisfied were not included in the survey?
Community Veteran

Misleading or what ?

The service might not suit everyone. I've recommened PlusNet to people I think can use it comfortably. Other people I've recommended look at BT or AOHell because I don't want to hold thier hands through everything.
N/A

Misleading or what ?

well im just fucked off with plusnet, I signed up for 8mb months ago now and have asked to be upgraded repeatedly, and last message was i will be treated as priority, priority my ass, this company sucks worse than i dont know what , hmm the vacum of space. the customer service is rubbish theres no satisfaction, no offer of refunding the massive premium that im paying i forget what it is 39.99 or somethin the highest one, im paying the highest price for a 2mb line that I allready had at half the price, I really am concidering taking these bums and reporting them to fair trading, upto 8mb broadband yada yada ya, cant get UPTO 8mb on a 2mb LINE , so ive been decieved, hoodwinked, robbed, sent up the garden path. anyone else unhappy with this company??

I think a lot.