cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading Advertising

N/A

Misleading Advertising

BB+ is still listed as 'no need to monitor your usage'

this is delibertaely misleading and, quite frankly, insulting.
6 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Misleading Advertising

First of all, I must point out that your signature is not correct - we have not advertised an unlimited service at all for well over a year, and judging by the date given in your profile you have signed up with us quite some time since then.

Also, with broadband plus there is no need to monitor your usage - if it is beyond the intended use of the product we will manage it for you.
N/A

Misleading Advertising

Also, with broadband plus there is no need to monitor your usage - if it is beyond the intended use of the product we will manage it for you.

So why has "no need to monitor your usage" been removed from some (but not all, because as pointed out there's still 1 that has it, which apparently is being removed today) product pages on the portal?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Misleading Advertising

Although "No need to monitor your usage" is accurate, it has caused some confusion so it is now being removed from the site for clarity's sake.
N/A

Misleading Advertising

First of all, I must point out that your signature is not correct - we have not advertised an unlimited service at all for well over a year, and judging by the date given in your profile you have signed up with us quite some time since then.

As far as Im aware there was no usage policy in place when I signed up - I checked with Cs and was told there were no restrictions.

To me the BB+ advertising is exactly what has got PN into trouble - it should be changed with the USAGE cap of 5gb on it!!
N/A

Misleading Advertising

Although "No need to monitor your usage" is accurate, it has caused some confusion so it is now being removed from the site for clarity's sake.

With all respect Ben, if your Plus usage during peak time is within about 1GB of the level (eg: 4GB/month at peak time or more) then there will be a need to monitor it. So the claim isn't accurate (hence why it's needed to be removed).

Thing is though, when people signed up, that claim was there. It's now not, so do they go under the details of the package when they signed up, or under the details of the package right now? What package details apply to a customer who signed up late last year? The old ones or the current ones? If so where's the notice to current customers alerting them to the changes (other than on the forums)? Does a customer need to print off the page every time they view it, and play "spot the difference" to see what bits have changed since they last viewed it?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Misleading Advertising

For a start, there is no usage cap on Broadband Plus. The 5GB figure is just a rough guideline for people to use to see if they are using the product as intended, or if they should consider an alternative product such as Premier.

Also, the use of the word cap isn't really correct, a cap is a level that when it is reached, the connection no longer works.

If Customer Services told you that the connection was unlimited then unfortunately they were not correct, however this is very unlikely as all our staff here are fully aware of the fact that none of the connections we offer are unlimited (unless you count PAYG) and are trained expressly to not say otherwise.

Our Terms and Conditions have always been clear that the accounts are not unlimited, even more so in the changes that were made in August that every single one of our customers had the chance to reject.