cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirgration question.

N/A

Mirgration question.

Hi,

During a migration how long does the e-mail access stay up for?
As I obviously need to change some e-mail adresses for important things (ebay etc) I may miss a few.

Cheers.
17 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Mirgration question.

Ask Plusnet to downgrade your account to a PAYG dialup account, and so long as you check your email once every 60 days, it'll stay active for ever.
N/A

Mirgration question.

Doesnt answer my question.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Mirgration question.

It does. If you change to a pay as you go account then as long as you check your email regularly you can still use the plusnet email address.
N/A

Mirgration question.

I'd imagine he's suggesting if you don't downgrade to PAYG, the email will terminate along with your account?
N/A

Mirgration question.

Liam gave you a workable solution to avoid hassle.

When your paid up period ends, your account terminates and all with it.

Your next billing date or the 30 day notice period will determine that. Which ever applies in your case.
Community Veteran

Mirgration question.

Correct. The downgrade to paygo does not happen automatically unless asked for - although some have said it was done without asking and others have lost email when they migrated as the account was closed.

To be safe you need to specifically ask for your account to be downgraded to free paygo after you migrate.
Metalguru
Grafter

Mirgration question.

What does paygo actually mean ?

How much does it cost ?

Do you pay each time you access your +net e mail ?

Please explain.
N/A

Mirgration question.

Nowt. Its the "Free" 0845 dial up accounts.
LiamM
Grafter

Mirgration question.

Plusnet PAYG Dialup is what it is. It's just your account being downgraded to a Pay As You Go dialup 0845 account where you pay only when you dialup.

As email doesn't require a dialup and you can check your PN mail from another connection, so long as you check your mail regularly, your email address will remain and you don't ever have to use the connection.
N/A

Mirgration question.

Basically, you pay for each minute you spend online, and that's all.

But you wouldn''t use the dialup service, you'd use your new ADSL, so it'd be totally free and you'd still have your email account
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Mirgration question.

It means that you don't pay a subscription, and are billed by your telephone provider at the rate of a local phone call for the time you conenct using it.

If you never connect you are never charged. There's no charge to check the email.
Metalguru
Grafter

Mirgration question.

Sorry for the cynicism, but what's the catch ?

What do +net get from offerring / providing this free service ?

Perhaps they should charge for it .........................
After all it's you and I that are paying for it and in the present financial climate, every little helps.
N/A

Mirgration question.

They get revenue from the 0845 call. (the telephone company, normally BT, pay a percentage of the value from the phone call to Plus net.)
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Mirgration question.

We get a small amount of the call revenue when someone dials up with the PAYG number.