cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor ADSLMax issue - can someone clarify, please!

N/A

I maintain not only my own "Fence" account, but my son's "Urbanninja" account. "unbanninja" is a PAYG account, which is all my kid needs, 'cos he is seldom in the UK. Oh, and he lives about 200 miles from me when he is in UK.

Earlier today I sent in a ticket (Ticket: 19089894) using his UserId/password saying:

Hi I am payg . I have been told that since it is an Upto 8 meg product, I could be in the first tranche of those converted to ADSL Max. My exchange has been converted and I live within 1 kilometer of the exchange, etc.
However I am out of the UK for the next 3 weeks and my modem is not switched on for that period. So the BT stable line speed tests cannot take place. When I get back, I will have other more important things to do on the internet than concern myself with this "upgrade"/"potential +net screw-up" for at least 2 weeks.
Can you re-assure me that my conversion to ASDLMAx will not take place for at least 5 weeks from today?

+Net CSC replied:

Dear Mr Holden,
Upgrade Status
Good News, BT have finished enabling this exchange for Max DSL products.
Products will be available from 31/03/06.
Speeds: Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 6Mbps up to 8Mbps.

This is the result for your number. The order will be placed from your next invoice date but due to the volume of orders the whole process will take at least 3 months. We are unabloe to stop this going through as it will be an sutomated process.
The speed quoted above is not a guaranteed speed and a rough estimate.
Regards,

Now, I read these forums and ADSL guide regularly , and try to keep myself upto date on the shifting sands of +net policy , and ..

1. I thought that there was no synchronosity [sic] between invoice dates and ADSLMax submissions.
2. I have read nowhere of a "at least 3 month" period process.
3. I really did believe that Pay as You Go accounts were in a fast track.
4. I really do believe that a more considered and thoughtful response from +net would have been appropriate.
5. I really am getting tired of sending tickets back saying "please read the initial question"

Ray
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Have you read the Product Refresh - FAQ topic?

If you read that thread you will see we are trying to find out what's happening with PAYG. I think the response to the ticket was a bit vague because they don't know what the hell they are doing themselves yet. Cry
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I will go and read the Product Refresh - FAQ topic (trots off....) ... (...returns) yup, looks like it's all still up in the air.

Hey I was just trying to slow down an upgrade! A pretty unique request, I would have thought.

I do agree with you, PlusNet do not know "what they are doing themselves yet" regarding so many aspects of the ADSLMax migration. Yet they are sending out confusing and contradictory messages about it.

The phrase "singing from one hymn sheet " does not come to mind.

I would however take issue on your statement that the CSC response was "a bit vague". "Patronising" and "Unhelpful" are the adjectives I would have used.

best wishes
Ray
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I was being kind (although God knows why with what they've done to me today).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Luckily my kid is in Kathmandu, otherwise I am sure he would have made the same assumption and been downloading god knows what from midnight 'til 8:00.

Ray