cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrations Special Offer

N/A

Migrations Special Offer

PlusNet’s introductory £9.99 offer has gone live this morning.

The special price promotion of £9.99 for the Broadband Premier service would be ideal for customers nationwide from higher priced, lower quality broadband providers and prove that PlusNet is the best value ISP.

This is very much targeted to existing broadband users who could move to PlusNet and get a better deal.

This months’ Computing Which? magazine has again rated PlusNet as one of the top ISPs for value and customer service, beating most other higher priced ISPs.
38 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Migrations Special Offer

I don't suppose it applies to people moving up to premier from say payg or plus?
N/A

Migrations Special Offer

Care to detail the charges that would apply should the customers taking this offer decide they don't want to stay within the first 12 months. In the interests of balance of course.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Migrations Special Offer

I don't suppose it applies to people moving up to premier from say payg or plus?

No, just for new customers migrating from another ISP to Premier.
Community Veteran

Migrations Special Offer

Good one guys! "New Customers Only"
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Migrations Special Offer

Care to detail the charges that would apply should the customers taking this offer decide they don't want to stay within the first 12 months. In the interests of balance of course.

WIthin the first 12 months you'd need to repay the inbound migration fee of £14.99 and the rebate of £36 from the first three months. After a year the migration fee is now longer required and the £36 is reduced on a sliding scale similar to the "you stay, we pay" activation offer.
N/A

Migrations Special Offer

well dont you think you should have that within your sales pitch like you do with the price ie the 9.99** so that ppl at least have it in the small print or is this just to get the customers in and let them go ow shit we stuck here unless we pay 58 quid is anything actually a special offer at plus net.
Community Veteran

Migrations Special Offer

They have kinda:

When you click on the banner it takes you to a page about the offer where the is also **

this relates at the bottom to:

*It is free to move to a service based on your existing BT product type. However, changing the speed or contention rate of your service is subject to a one-off fee of £14.99 and will take place 5-7 days after your new account becomes active. See our FAQ for more information on BT product types.
**For first 3 months then £21.99 a month thereafter.Terms and Conditions apply
N/A

Migrations Special Offer

There's nothing "special" about this offer other than it's an invitation to simply defer the charges. It should be more fairly titled "Join now, pay later (unless you stay with us for 5 years)" That would be a much more honest approach.
N/A

Migrations Special Offer

And this note:

"*It is free to move to a service based on your existing BT product type. However, changing the speed or contention rate of your service is subject to a one-off fee of £14.99 and will take place 5-7 days after your new account becomes active."

should also state that any change to the service within the first three months will mean the customer is unable to receive the rebate after 3 months. So not only will it cost them £14.99 to upgrade to 2Mb if they're not already on that speed but they will also pay the full £21.99 for the three months. So, not really a 2mb service, as implied, for £9.99 at all unless you're already on a 2mb service to start with.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Migrations Special Offer

You can regrade to a higher speed, e.g. 512 -> 2Mbps and still be able to receive the rebate so long as you remain on Broadband Premier up to 2Mbps.
N/A

Migrations Special Offer

exactly what i said glad i am not tthe only one that thinks this is a con their should be a law against false advertising .............

i totally agree with kipaul it is buy now pay later lol..............

plusnet i plan to leave can i do it for free or in my terms and conditions leave now pay later ** in five years lol
N/A

Migrations Special Offer

You can regrade to a higher speed, e.g. 512 -> 2Mbps and still be able to receive the rebate so long as you remain on Broadband Premier up to 2Mbps.

it always amazes me how they can miss the questions that really matter because they simply dont want to answer them.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Migrations Special Offer

well dont you think you should have that within your sales pitch like you do with the price ie the 9.99** so that ppl at least have it in the small print or is this just to get the customers in and let them go ow <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a> we stuck here unless we pay 58 quid is anything actually a special offer at plus net.

Although you are only really paying the £14.99 fee because we've already given you the other £36 back, which is exactly the same as you'd pay back had you not taken the offer. Should you stay longer than a year then you are gaining from the deal.

Whatever way you look at it you are no worse off by choosing the migration offer, and staying more than a year you would always be better off.
Community Veteran

Migrations Special Offer

i don't think anyone would disagree with that but the real point is that it is not made blindingly obvious.