cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration

N/A

Migration

i have asked all day for a migration number and have been cut off the phone twice.Why won't plusnet provide this?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Migration

Hi there,

Plus Net will provide a mac key. However it is best to request this by raising a ticket. Not all staff members can issue a MAC, BTw rules, I believe.

Raise a ticket, though expect a phone call from the retentions team who will want to know why your leaving and to see if there is anything they can to to help.

You shouldnt experience any problems.

Any particular reason for migrating?
N/A

Migration

Plusnet is ok and have provided a good service for me and would recommend them to anyone.The only reason for the migration is my son wants to go with AOL as his mates are all with them.
N/A

Migration

PN V's AOL. To be honest, thats like comparing a Mercedes to a Lada.

You'll not see too many good words about AOL on these boards and if you are open to influence i would strongly recommend that you stay where you are. At least, in the event of a problem you will get (a) reasonable and knowledgeable help and (b) someone to help who speaks english. Not an outsourced Indian call centre. And thats not even mentioning their horrendously bloated software, optional as it may be.

Sorry for ranting, but I cant see AOL as a credible alternative to these guys., but of course the choice is yours.

Good luck, whatever course you take.
N/A

Migration

Yeah, this kind of confirms it too!
N/A

Migration

Damn, that's a perfect comparison!

Yeah, seriously I too advise you to stay with PlusNet. AOL's tech support is completely rubbish compared to PlusNet, don't AOL charge something like 15p per minute now, or something too?

And the dreaded AOL software, you don't get much worse than that.
craigbrass
Grafter

Migration

You know how long it took me to get my aunt OFF AOL because of their CRAPPY service and ANNOYING staff memebers who I shouted AT THE TOP OF MY VOICE down the phone at.

You will be wanting to move back to PlusNet as soon as you get onto AOL. I strongly recomend you don't.

The only reason for the migration is my son wants to go with AOL as his mates are all with them.

What differance does which ISP your son's mates are. Only thing I can think of is AOL Instant Messenger which you can use on any ISP.
N/A

Migration

What differance does which ISP your son's mates are. Only thing I can think of is AOL Instant Messenger which you can use on any ISP.

AOL's Instant Messenger built into their program is even worse than the stand-alone one that anyone can use, so there is another point Tongue

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote tags fixed for you.
Rikaitch
Grafter

Migration

As someone who deals with different crappy ISPs on a regular basis, I know just how bad AOL is. It kept cutting off one of my ciustomers and denying it was their fault. After 7 weeks (yes, 7 weeks) they sent someone out, who agreed it must be their end. They didn't re-compense him, and amazingly, he's still with them.

I wouldn't even degrade Lada to that level. Maybe an 18 year old rusty 2CV would be closer?
N/A

Migration

I wouldn't say that Plusnet are as bad as a Lada. That's a bit harsh. :shock:
kwhawell
Grafter

Migration

plusnet are the merc, not the Lada, that's AOL is the Lada, perhaps those guys are even worse! a scoda with a knackered engine that's got no timing accuracy, that back fires all over the place, and has no exhausts, it's lost it's roof, no wheels, and generally has not even got the ability to be a wheel barrow or a skip! AOL is that bad, I know, next door neighbour got them on his hewlet nackard, no! i mean hewlet packard, hee hee hee, and he has nothing but trrouble, might be convincing him that plusnet are the merc here, perhaps even his fav car, porsh 911! in terms of quolity, plusnet are the top of the range, got everything you need, and more to come!
craigbrass
Grafter

Migration

I don't think their is anything in this world bad enough to compare AOL to Cheesy