cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration woes (being polite)

N/A

Tis about time BT and +net had their respective heads banged together. I am sick to the back teeth now of buck passing.
Migration due 12th may... NEVER HAPPENED could still use old isp login
rescheduled for 18th may Again appers to have been screwed up..... as i again could still use old isp login till they cut it off on the 19th.
Ticket raised and all various trouble shooting tried and failed. Ticket closed.
Raised another next day..... This was later esculated to BT which took from the 22nd of may till the 1st june to get a guy here..... First impression he had was sync OK bt test domain login OK, plusnet logins NO GO After a good couple of hours at house and a very long call by him to try to sort issue (card rebuilt 2x) still no joy. Advised that as far at BT are concerned the issue lies with Plusnet servers as BT can see me, but can not get any access to +nets servers....
Raised again at lunchtime with +net (Ticket: 16621135) told fault dept would be informed. Ring tonite to be told sent back to BT and have NO idea as to time scale....
This is just a total joke. Instead of blaming each other wtf cant they work together to resolve issues......
This is costing me a fortune in dial up. As net access is a must.
I am now totally regretting trying to migrate and it would proberly have been quicker to cease and reprovide.
14 REPLIES
N/A

While I understand your obviously having some problems, sadly the forums are not an official support medium.

If you want to sound off then that's fine, but I'm not what other advice I can give you.
N/A

If you want to sound off then that's fine, but I'm not what other advice I can give you.

Sounding off suits me fine. Cheesy
As this is the "Customer Feedback Forum" i thought it a very apt place to add my 2p's worth on what i think of -net.....
Not looking for advice, no amount of that will fix the problem which lies squarely between BT and +net.
lowry
Grafter

Hi JohnR (I recognise the username from your website link in your profile on ADSLGuide). Wink

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having. What you describe isn't really on at all. All the chasing up you can do to get the problem solved, the better. Try calling PlusNet during working hours tomorrow (as that is when the faults team, and provision department are in) on 0845 140 0200 and see if they have any more info for you.

Hopefully your problems will be solved shortly...

P.S. My migration to PlusNet was a pain, but that was under the old CBUK process which took a month and a half to complete Sad.

matt Wink
N/A

Hi

What happens with the BT test logins? Have you tried bt_test@startup_domain? or bt_test_user@plusdsl.net? (the end of the last one depends on your login ie username@plusdsl.net)

If the first works and the second doesn't then it is a BT issue, not PN's. Have PN raised this to BT?
N/A

@startup_domain works and as that is purly a BT area then that proves the line is good...... As soon as plusdsl.net are entered with any teat or user login... Wooosh it stops.... Username/password error. YES they are correct verified several times with +net support staff. Bt say that they cannot ping +net on my line it just stops dead once it hits +nets servers... Hence the idea that its at +nets end.

Lowry.
Already been on to them in works time today..... To be honest i am sick of chasing up all the time as its costing money on each call......And as the fault has all ready been ongoing for over 14 days there should be no need to chase all the time... Even on the 0845 number when its approx 30 mins a time it soon mounts up... And as for the message its quicker if you login to our web site........ Taking the michel that one.....

Moderators note by John (johnessex) full quote of preceding post removed as unnecessary
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

So are you saying you have tried bt_test_user@plusdsl.net and it doesn't work? That would indicate a BT problem.

Phil
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm sorry the hear about the migration problem you've had, looking at the notes from BT they believe the problem is now clear can you re-test it and get back to us to let us know if it's working now.
N/A

Still not working.
Below is a section of my routers log file. Ignore date as its a issue with firmware.

Log from working bt test login "bt_test@startup_domain" to non working "ukiooi@plusdsl.net" login

Aug 9 12:04:15> PPPoA Connection Successfully Established
Aug 9 12:04:15> PPPoA Connect with Gateway IP Address: 217.47.204.251
Aug 9 12:04:15> WAN IP address 217.32.25.38
Aug 9 12:04:15> WAN gateway 217.47.204.251
Aug 9 12:05:53> Firewall rules flushed
Aug 9 12:05:53> Connection terminated.
Aug 9 12:05:54> pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Aug 9 12:05:54> Connect: ppp0 {--}
Aug 9 12:05:57> Firewall rules flushed
Aug 9 12:05:57> CHAP authentication failed
Aug 9 12:05:57> Connection terminated.
Aug 9 12:05:57> Failed to Authenicate

This log was taken at 07:00 today. still not working as of time of this post. Have rebooted router to double check.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Do you know where the router is getting those IP addresses from as they both belong to BT? Or are they the IP's from the BT test login?

What happens with the username bt_test_user@plusdsl.net (password test)?
N/A

Yes that is the bt_test@startup_domain login that works and that is the ip its gives me.
below is a log using the bt_test_user@plusdsl.net login
Aug 9 12:03:24> pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Aug 9 12:03:24> Connect: ppp0 {--}
Aug 9 12:03:27> CHAP authentication failed
Aug 9 12:03:27> Failed to Authenicate
Aug 9 12:03:27> Connection terminated.
Aug 9 12:03:28> pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Aug 9 12:03:28> Connect: ppp0 {--}
Aug 9 12:03:31> CHAP authentication failed
Aug 9 12:03:31> Failed to Authenicate
Aug 9 12:03:31> Connection terminated.
Aug 9 12:03:31> pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Aug 9 12:03:31> Connect: ppp0 {--}
Aug 9 12:03:34> CHAP authentication failed
Aug 9 12:03:34> Failed to Authenicate
Aug 9 12:03:34> Connection terminated.

As you can see it cant login to plusnet servers.....
Which is why it would appear that something at plusnet end is not liking my attempts to connect.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please dont use all of a preceding post as a quote.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

A failed login on bt_test_user@plusdsl.net can only really mean one of two things, either there's something set wrong on BT's side or you typed the username wrong. I think we can probably safely say that's it's going to be the former so I've sent the fault back to BT.
N/A

Thanks.
Pass/username have been checked and double checked with support staff.
N/A

Seems that Bt do work weekends as i have has a call form a lovly welsh lady this afternoon who has run more checks and then rung +net. Cheesy
Between them now they seem to have located where the fault most likly lies and hopefully a nice BT man is going to bash the card at the exchange to kick it into life.... Wink
One does sort of wonder why 1st man didnt check exchange...... As i did ask if he had looked at the connection at the exchange due to the length of time he took to arrive from 1 st call to say he was on his way. Must have stopped for a bacon buttie instead. :shock:
N/A

mmm....
Seems local lads are a bit slower.... :?
All i need is a "lift-and-shift" which was told should be done by monday..... Cool Also told i would get a call back to see if i was up and running..... Guess not then.. Evil