Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Plusnet

N/A

Migration to Plusnet

Hi,

This is my first post here.

I placed an order on the 1st of June to migrate from another ISP, it's now the 6th and it hasn't progressed at all. Is this normal? Don't they usually submit it to BT Wholesale right away? I have helped 3 other people migrate to Plusnet and their entire migration process only took a week or so.
21 REPLIES
N/A

Migration to Plusnet

Minimum quoted time is 7 days but you should have had a update on your migration ticket by now informing you of the actual date.
N/A

Migration to Plusnet

Thank you for your speedy reply,

I did think it should have moved on by now..maybe I'll give them a call! It is probably worth noting that I'm moving from the most incompetent ISP ever, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are causing Plusnet problems, they sure caused me enough.
N/A

Migration to Plusnet

I'm moving from the most incompetent ISP ever

There's plenty of competition for that particular prize. Smiley

Eric
JonathanW
Grafter

Migration to Plusnet

There is one possibility here, and that's if you've chosen to set up a direct debit to make the monthly payments. As our system waits for this to be varified by the bank before it allows the migration to go ahead. If this isn't the case, then raise a question via the help assistant.
N/A

Migration to Plusnet

I set up my payments to come from my credit card. I have raised a question with the help assistant..got an automated reply a few hours after I sent it. No actual answer yet though.
JonathanW
Grafter

Migration to Plusnet

I've taken a further look at this for you, and posted a response onto the ticket that you opened to let you know what's going on.
N/A

Migration to Plusnet

Thank you for your assistance.

It's nice to see a customer support team that actually reacts to problems.. Smiley Having just had 7 weeks of frustration and stress trying to escape the nightmare that is TalkTalk customer services, I really didn't want to find the same state of affairs here.

Regards

Tree
N/A

Migration to Plusnet

This is my first post here.

Welcome to the forums treeman Smiley
GersFans
Grafter

Migration to Plusnet

It's nice to see a customer support team that actually reacts to problems..

I really didn't want to find the same state of affairs here.

Ok.....

Don't read the forums then... :?
N/A

Migration to Plusnet

Thank you for your assistance.

It's nice to see a customer support team that actually reacts to problems.. Smiley Having just had 7 weeks of frustration and stress trying to escape the nightmare that is TalkTalk customer services, I really didn't want to find the same state of affairs here.

Regards

Tree

Hmmm...... just wait until you're actually a paying customer of +Net - you *may* want to reserve judgement for a while Wink
FooAtari
Grafter

Migration to Plusnet

When you think about it really, how much people complain on these forums out of all Plus.nets customers. I wonder what the percentage is. I bet it isnt that high, suggesting that the majority of users are happy with their service, and their is every chance Treeman will as well.

Every company has annoyed customers, even the ones with the best reputations. Just they way it is.
N/A

Migration to Plusnet

I did read through these forums before I made the decision to sign up. What I found was a handful of people quibbling over getting 3 or 4mb/s from maxdsl when they expected 8mb/s. Those seemed to cover the vast majority of complaints. The rest of the problems seemed to be addressed and in most cases fixed by customer support.

I just came from an ISP where nothing ever gets fixed. I and many others would phone customer services only to be told that their problem would be addressed within 48 hours, only to be told that it would be another 48 hours (or some other number of days or weeks seemingly picked at random by the support rep) next time they called. They've had a router causing a huge bottleneck for the past two months. It drops more packets than a drunk postman. On the four or five occasions I've reported it, I've been told they're working on it, replacing it or that they're not aware of a problem. They claim to offer unlimited service with no blocked ports. Instead what they choose to do is throttle those ports down to dial up speeds, to each and every user regardless of their usage. The only time I've had any one of my numerous problems with the service fixed is when I've emailed the company chairman.. :shock: Just yesterday they announced that they have now jumped from 75,000 customers to 340,000 customers. When questioned on breakfast tv about their poor reputation for customer service they answered that they're taking on 800 new employees to deal with the customer issues, which kinda shows how bad things already are. They didn't however, mention investment in hardware or infrastructure. I can see them going from being a badly run small ISP to being a massively over subscribed, badly run large ISP. I for one am glad to be escaping!

I already use Plusnet at work, I've found them to be reliable. When things have gone wrong I've found them to be courteous and honest, and to me at least that makes all the difference.
FooAtari
Grafter

Migration to Plusnet

C'mon treeman, who was it? Smiley

Apart from a few issues I have been mostly happy with my service. A period of slow speeds was down to a congested exchange and I have never suffered any down time that I am aware of.

Although they have been slightly slow at responding to tickets lately...
N/A

Migration to Plusnet

When questioned on breakfast tv about their poor reputation for customer service they answered that they're taking on 800 new employees to deal with the customer issues

What they "forgot" to mention was they all worked in a Mumbaii call centre

Welcome to the forums btw Wink