cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Plusnet : At what speed?

MrToast
Grafter

If my friend, currently on an IP Stream 500 product with another ISP, were to migrate to Plusnet would they subsequently be automatically upgraded to 2Mbps (if their line will support it) either as part of the mass upgrade or as a matter of PN policy.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

They would be done as part of the mass regrade program when PN submit a second order to mop up any migrations etc that were missed the first time round. They could also pay £14.99 upon migration and be regraded immeadeatly.
MrToast
Grafter

Hmmm... I did wonder.

Its just that migrations are invited free of charge and products are advertised at 2Mbps as standard (subject to line quality). But if you migrate in after the mass upgrades its not quite what you get.

My friend can of course pre-empt this by getting a move on.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

If you migrate in after the bulk upgrade that won't matter, we're going to run a few "Mop-up" orders after the initial bulk upgrade.
hitachi
Grafter

Can Plusnet not now migrate to the highest speed possible? Some other isp's offer this. linky
N/A

From what I could make out from things I have been reading, it's a one step order process, but the regrade is still processed seperatly.
N/A

Any idea when the bulk upgrades will be completed and the "mop up" order placed.

I`m thinking another couple of months before the initial bulk upgrade is completed and then another few weeks/months for the mop up, anyone like to comment?

Time to get my £15 out I think Cry
Community Veteran

The mop up order will not be placed until later thois year, your quickest option is a q jump.