cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration fee

N/A

Migration fee

Im a disgruntled customer who has so far been far from satisfied with the services of PN.
Im considering leaving PN. Can anyone tell me if i have to pay PN any migration fee/line activation fee? im within the 45 day guarantee. How does it work?
46 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Migration fee

If within the 45 days I beleive that you will be able to migrate for free, however you will be expected to pay for any hardware or line activation if you leave within the first 12 months.

I am sure a PN person will be able to advise you either here or if you raise a ticket.

Whether you agree with being charged these costs is another matter, being discussed in other threads, so best not let this one develop into a "duplicate".

Hope this helps.

Chris.
N/A

Re: Migration fee

Im a disgruntled customer who has so far been far from satisfied with the services of PN.
Im considering leaving PN. Can anyone tell me if i have to pay PN any migration fee? im within the 45 day guarantee. How does it work?

Hi, I requested my MAC number after one months membership, I migrated form Metronet to PN and have been told that I need to pay £14.99 because I want to leave within the minimum contract period of 12 months, yet I signed up for a monthly contract :shock:
N/A

Migration fee

A monthly contract means tht should you wish to leave within the first 12 months, you will not be required to pay the remaining 12 months worth of subscription fees.

The £14.99 fee you are being asked to pay, is that of your inbound migration, and not outbound.

The migration inbound is free, but subject to terms & conditions (like most offers). One being that should you leave within your first 12 months at PlusNet, you will reimburs the inbound migration.

There are no actual leaving charges, only those defered from the start of your contract, changes during your time at PlusNet (defered cost house moves) or as part of terminating a contract early.
dennisb66
Grafter

migration

Hi jdb164, i would be interested to your thoughts on METRONET and why you migrated from them to +net. :lol:
N/A

Migration fee

I signed up for a full 12month contract by the way-so do i have to pay the full years worth? and what about hat 50 odd pound activation fee?
N/A

Migration fee

if you disagree with the t&c i believe your get out of a year contract cost you nothing you dont have to pay a settlement cost i think.....but you will have to pay any defered activation or migration costs.
N/A

Migration fee

Dam!!!
I aint paying no activation fee-its over £50quid!
Can pls one of the PN ppl clarify this for me?
N/A

Migration fee

PlusNet had to pay that fee to BT, so you have to settle it with them. If you want to blame anyone, blame BT's wholesale pricing Cheesy

I'm also migrating out (I wish I'd read about F2S and Zen before making a rash decision) on the 45 day guarantee but I'm happy to pay the £58.50 since I understand why it's charged. Just pay it and be happy.
N/A

Migration fee

Thats ridiculous!!!
Ive been with few other ISPs who never charged me for activation!!! why do PN have to?
Man i regret joining PN....it ll cost me alot to even leave them now. Im skint as it is!
:twisted:
N/A

Migration fee

They have a right to reclaim a defered payment you choose not to pay for the activation up front and pay it off over x year by staying with plus net.

if you want to get out they have a right to regain their lose as they wouldnt make money by allowing ppl to sign up get their activtion payed then allow them to leave.
N/A

Migration fee

Thats ridiculous!!!
Ive been with few other ISPs who never charged me for activation!!! why do PN have to?

As much as I'm not exactly chuffed with the connection here (hence my migration), you need to take a reality check.

PlusNet had to pay BT to activate your line. Cold, hard cash (well, something like that) and you've chosen to leave within 45 days of being with their service. They're hardly going to say :

'Oh well, ahmedali007 cost us £58.50 to have on our books but what the hell, we'll swallow the charge'.

Other ISPs may swallow the cost, or add it secretly into your charges so you pay it off without even realising but PlusNet don't. I think they make it fairly clear in the Ts & Cs for their 45-day guarantee.

Either way, you end up paying it eventually whether you know it or not.

I hope you don't see this post as offensive since it's not intended that way. I'm just spelling out the facts as I see them. Hope this helps.
N/A

Migration fee

Yeah but isnt it ridiculous its over a period of 5 dam years before its paid off?
Man i was with Tiscali and i was with them a yr and i left them-i never paid them nothin!!!
PN are conning us!
I aint impressed!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Migration fee

Hi,

The activation fee is applicable if it's a new activation and you selected the "you stay, we pay" option for the activation fee.
The migration fee is applicable if you've migrated an ADSL service from another ISP.
N/A

Migration fee

PN are conning us!
I aint impressed!

You're not being reasonable. I've tried to explain it to you along with other people here including a member of the PN support stuff.

You've not been conned, you've just not read the Ts & Cs. I suggest next time you treat this as a valuable experience and actually check what you're getting yourself in for.