cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration date

N/A

Migration date

Just looked at the migration "contact us" and it askes for a date for migration, how can you put in a date before you even have the MAC code.

As I understand it the MAC code can be anything up to 7 days to recieve so a firm date cammot be given.

Is Plusnet just being awkward or am I just dumb.
14 REPLIES
N/A

Migration date

This can allow PlusNet to generate your MAC code, such that it is still valid to migrate on this date.

MAC codes are valid for 30 days, you are also limited in choosing a date of upto 30 days in advance when using the MAC.

It can also help minmise downtime, by ensuring your account is still open for use prior to migration.
N/A

Re: Migration date

Just looked at the migration "contact us" and it askes for a date for migration, how can you put in a date before you even have the MAC code.

As I understand it the MAC code can be anything up to 7 days to recieve so a firm date cammot be given.

Is Plusnet just being awkward or am I just dumb.

My existing broadband supplier told me exactly the same, when i asked why would it take a week, he said it was just standard policy to give you a cooling off period to make sure you really want to migrtae. I then asked directly to supply my MAC number NOW to which he blurted it out. Since then i have been getting an email a day from them lowering costs and inviting me to re-consider. Having spent 46 minutes on the phone to them just to get my MAC number, i can ssure you I will not be re-considering. Call your supplier back and demand your MAC number, they are duty bound to supply it.
N/A

Migration date

Call your supplier back and demand your MAC number, they are duty bound to supply it.

There is no legal requirement in the UK for an ISP to supply a MAC code.

Ofcom have a voluntary Code Of Practice that many ISPs do not agree to it (I beleive most of those chose not to do so, because of the requirment to issue a MAC, even when outstanding charges are required).

As underlined, this is voluntary, and provides no legal recourse upon the ISP. About the only action available is to have the ISP's name removed from the list of compliant ISPs (even then, it would likely take a lot more than 1 or 2 customers that are not treated in accordance with it).

Broadband does not as of yet have a USO (Universal Service Obligation) attached to it. Until it gets this title, it is unlikely that the regulatory body will attach the requirement to allow people to leave their supplier.
N/A

Thanks for that Richard

I did not mean to suggest it was a legal requiremnt Richard, so appologies if it came across that way Shockedops: , but i was merely trying to encourage a more forcefull attempt at getting his MAC address instead of the reply I got, "It's company poilcy".
However I must say, the sooner regulation is introduced the better, my previous ISP has been happily taking £33 per month off me (for a 2MB service),for the last 20 months or so, the service was very reliable, but it is starnge that as soon as I ask for my MAC code they offer me a lower price at the same level of connection, why not do that as a matter of course anyway to preserve my membership with them, instead of flights to Europe, days out in a Spa or indeed Tea at the Ritz for free. Sad
Anyway Plusnet, carry on the good work and the EXCELLENT PRICES all's going well so far and I am very impressed !!.
:lol:
Terry
N/A

Migration date

Good to Hear.
N/A

Migration date

Anyway Plusnet, carry on the good work and the EXCELLENT PRICES all's going well so far and I am very impressed !!.
Doesn't lookl as through reset agrees with this, sorry to see you go, will fight another day another place.
N/A

Migration date

Must admit after 3 years with +net the service is still reliable, but it's all this changing of T&C's plus the fiddling with the service that has finally done it for me.

The service is being degraded by +net itself, and soon will not be worth having, so I'll be off to pastures new and hope they don't sod about with the service.

If you're staying Revgoer then good luck to you mate, hope your conection don't dwindle to 56K speeds, as this is the impression I'm getting from this fiasco.

Thanks to all that have replied, It's helped.
N/A

Migration date

Just long enough to keep getting under their skin.
N/A

Migration date

exterminateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee revroger you are a marked man :-)
N/A

Migration date

Some say I escaped the phone call because I was out. But one day it will come and I will go, but not quietly.
N/A

Migration date

change yer phone number to you local cab in your account settings then you will never get the phonecall, and then Plusnet can ask them if it is legal what they are doing :-)
N/A

Migration date

I could think of some nice ladies of the night phone numbers, now that might be fun!!!!!
N/A

Migration date

wonder if them ladies would have a 30 min idle timeout if so plusnet are stuffed unless they had some of that Via_ra that i keep getting spammed with

perhaps it would change to a 30 second timeout :-)
N/A

Migration date

:lol: :lol: Shockedops: Shockedops: