cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration and the 30 days

N/A

I've had enough and am migrating. What happens with this 30 day period as far as monthly payments are concerned? I'm about 8 days into a month so I'm presuming I'll have to pay for the rest of this month when the next billing date comes around but does the account get cancelled as soon as my migration has gone through or does this 30 day after getting mac period take me into the next month and therefore mean I'll get billed for that as well?
14 REPLIES
N/A

Same question, i migrated yesterday, UK online 8mb line! 5 quid more Smiley
Ben_Brown
Grafter

If you request to migrate now, you will need to pay your monthly subscription charge as normal, however we can refund you for the time you wont have used after the 30 day notice period, which if you make the request today will start from today.
N/A

Sorry, your wording has me confused Wink

Does that mean I only pay up to the date my migration goes through but actually give + the full amount at my next billing date THEN get the time refunded after the 30 day period OR does it mean I keep paying for the next 2 billing dates and then after the 2nd one I get refunded the money that is over the 30 days but before the 2nd billing date?
N/A

you get 22 days refunded I believe.
N/A

I'm in a similar possition m8 i only been with PN for a couple of weeks. they took out the first payment on 17th oct which i thought was for the first mth and now after a lot of tooin and froinn they recon there gonna charge me a Migration Fee of 14.99 and 52.88 for registering a domain in order for me to leave. It Sucks
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I'll give you a worked example.

If you give notice today, one month from today is the 25th November.

If you are billed on the 17th for example, you will have paid up to the 16th December.

As long as you have migrated out on or before the 25th November, we can refund you for the time between the 25th November and the 16th December, 22 days.
N/A

How about cancelling the DD and paying what's owed by CC or cheque, that's the way I did when I migrated from Pipex, without problem.....
N/A

Is this refund automatically processed or do users need to phone support to get the refund processed?
Community Veteran

You will need to request it by a contact us ticket or a phone call after your migration is complete.
mrcook
Grafter

How can you raise a ticket if your account has been migrated?
Does your plusnet username remain active on the portal?
Community Veteran

I think it does until the 30 days are up.
N/A

I am having problems finding the terms and conditions
so if i was to migrate
i would pay 58.75 for line activation
and for router i thought was free 25 quid
+ 14.99 for migrating ?
is the last one right i thought the point of monthly was not be penalised with the 12month contract, so whats the point of monthly contracts ?

I may be wrong and if so apologise
N/A

http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/getting/adsl_migrations_faq.shtml#q4

This was sent to me to look at a similar prob i had
N/A

Maybe i should read more as the line

Also note; if you cancel your service with us before the end of the 12-month minimum period, a moving fee of £14.99 (inc. VAT) will be charged, in addition to any other fees that may be payable.

Dont make great sense as i thought monthly contract wouldnt apply to minimum 12month. Is this a new thing ?

I should read more Sad