cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration and LLU.

N/A

Migration and LLU.

Hi,

I recently requested a MAC key From Plusnet and i got this response.

As you are provided onto our LLU alternative network to be able to supply
a MAC you first need to confirm with your new ISP of choice that they
support the "LLU reverse migration pilot". If you can confirm this we will
then be able to supply the requested LLU MAC.

If they dont support this BT trial then we will have to arrange a full
cancellation which may mean you have to pay activation fees with your new
ISP.

[End Quote]

Can anyone tell me if this is true?
And what this actually means for those who have been 'unbundled' by Plusnet,
and wish to migrate.
It's not that i don't trust Plusnet to tell the truth, the whole truth...
It's just that i would like a second (or more) opinion.

Many Thanks.
Regards, Andrew.
8 REPLIES
bluewhale
Grafter

Migration and LLU.

yes this is true and has been a big issue for those of us moved to LLU without being told

i think it gets worse too in that if your new isp isn't in the trial then you have to go through the whole very painful cease on LLU and then open new account, probably at extra cost too, and with extra down time...

not good!
Mand
Grafter

Migration and LLU.

Hi

In basic terms what it means is that not all ISP's can action migrations from LLU - IPStream or Max(the BT products), as this is currently still in the trial stages. As provision of an LLU MAC takes time, is entirely manual and has associated costs, we require that anyone requesting this has confirmed that their new ISP will accept it.

If they don't accept the LLU MAC you would need to cease your service with us and sign up for a new activation once this completes.
bluewhale
Grafter

Migration and LLU.

this is what i find annoying in that it is quite often the case that it is cheaper to join another isp if already connected whereas doing a new connection is quite often more expensive and more troublesome

that cost i laready paid to plusnet when i originally joined and has now been 'lost'

oh well maybe things will settle down here at plusnet and stop me wanting to move...
Mand
Grafter

Migration and LLU.

Hi

Most suppliers have some sort of setup offer ATM, although this is usually balanced by contract terms or such like.

Things will settle down here, we're all working really hard to make sure they do. There's a lot of stuff coming up which demonstrates this.
N/A

Migration and LLU.

I only heard last week from Plusnet that they were willing to move people from LLU back to MaxDSL (at a charge of £47 to themselves), and then generating a MaxDSL MAC so people could move properly. I take it they have now decided to change there minds again and anyone wanting to move to a non-LLU ISP will themselves have to pay for a full activation charge.

Or maybe this is another one of those "communication issues", where one person says one thing, and another says something completely different.

Oh, I just found someone else who thought the same thing:

If you are on LLU and want to migrate to another ISP on IPstream, then you must request this and PN have stated any migrations from LLU will not result in the customer incuring any costs to move as PN will cover the cost to do so.

So whats the official line? (Preferably stated by more than one member of PN staff...)
bluewhale
Grafter

Migration and LLU.

well as mand says we'll have to wait and see

like i said i am hopeful that things will settle down

as i have on the whole been happy with +net and i know

that these are tricky times for isps

also my line now seems to have stopped dropping it's connection which was fixed by Dave T.

he tweaked the max speed on my line, just a thought that someone might want to give us end users somekind of web access to do that? although maybe only for 'advanced' users?
as i'm assuming it took so long to get done as half the support is on hols ;-)
N/A

Migration and LLU.

Hi,

Thankyou all for your responses.

Hi

Most suppliers have some sort of setup offer ATM, although this is usually balanced by contract terms or such like.

Things will settle down here, we're all working really hard to make sure they do. There's a lot of stuff coming up which demonstrates this.

But i need a fully fuctioning BB connection - Today!
not one that maxes at 3KB/s, on a good day.

Is really to much to ask for?
After all, it is what i am paying for. Isn't it?

Many thanks.
Regards, Andrew.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Migration and LLU.

Another (ahem) reliable Tiscali connection then Evil

I wonder what happened to PlusNet's statement on here that they would ensure people were not 'financially disadvantaged' by their forced moving to LLU (i.e. them covering the activation cost to another ISP)?