cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Question

N/A

Migration Question

Ive been a member with plus net now since - 15/03/2004 according the website, I feel its time for me to move to another ISP, one that doesnt manage or intefere with my traffic to the point where it feels quite intrusive upon how I use my internet connection, so before I request my mac code, I want to know if there are any costs concerned with me leaving the service, I was on the broadband easystart originally and that was upgraded to broadband premier after my first year and I have continued with Premier until the present date.

Can someone tell me please, what costs are involved with me wanting to migrate out to another ISP ?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Migration Question

before you make any rash moves may I point you to a post I made regarding ISPs who are "unlimited" :
Linky

As for the fees, I do not believe there will be any charges for migrating out however some ISPs my charge you to migrate in, If am wrong someone will correct me on it!
N/A

Migration Question

thanks for your reply,

Aye, i'm well aware of the "bandwidth" issues and people migrating to "uncapped" ISPs in large numbers, I see the same things happening in the future with these "uncapped" ISPs.

The same happened to "plus net" tbh, I joined them leaving my cable ISP (NTL) who introduced their initial caps on their services, to plusnets uncapped service to see it evolve into what it is today. Although these days I dont use the internet in the way I used to then in terms of downloads. I feel I need to move on to another ISP now.
Community Veteran

Migration Question

Did you pay for your ADSL activation and ADSL hardware upfront or was this deferred / paid monthly? If yes, there is nothing more to pay.

If you have not yet paid for activation / hardware the remaining fees for this will be payable before you can migrate out.

If you migrated in then the above does not apply and thre is nothing to pay before leaving except the normal monthly fee which falls due within your 30 day notice period as detailed in the T&C.
N/A

Migration Question

Peter,

The OP joined back in 2004 around the same time as me. If the charges were deffered back then they will have been paid of by now.

Regards,
prichardson
Grafter

Migration Question

Hi,

Indeed, the only fee's that would remain right now are the notice period, any house move reprovide fee if the customer gas moved in that time, and domains depending on their status.

Kind regards
N/A

Migration Question

thanks for all your help and answers, much appreciated.