cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Question

N/A

Migration Question

Today I asked for my MAC code so I could move to another ISP. I have now signed up with my new ISP but do not know when the migration will take place although I get the impression anytime with the next 5-10 days.

My Plusnet Bill is due on 25th of Sept and I was just wondering if I get migrated to my new ISP will I still have to pay the £39.99 next month because of this 30day notice thing.

I was under the impression that 30day notice fee is scraped at the moment because I have left due to the fact I don't agree with the new terms & conditions?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Migration Question

Did you reject the new T&C's before the deadline expired?
N/A

Migration Question

When was the deadline?

I asked for my MAC today so have I missed the deadline, seems harsh as I have been very busy and today was the first time I got round to sorting it out shorly a deadline of at least 1 billing month would have been reasonable.
LiamM
Grafter

Migration Question

Plusnet have to give you 14 days to decline the new Terms and Conditions. Emails were sent out near the end of August so the deadline has now passed, unfortunately.
Community Veteran

Migration Question

The deadline was 16th Sept, as detailed in the T&C change email you received. Under the old T&C (and the new) you have 14 days to reject any changes to the T&C.

So as you missed the deadline you will have a 30 day notice period (from the day you asked for your MAC) which you have to pay for. i.e. any normal monthly fees due during that 30 day period will have to be paid - in your case the £39.99 payment will be taken on 25th. You then claim back any days you have paid for over the 30 daye notice period.
N/A

Migration Question

OK thanks for the quick replies. Seems as shame to have to pay the full £39.99 for a period of adsl I will not use but I of course except that I miss the deadline.

I just want to confirm that has I requested my mac code on 21sept that in 30 days time although I need to pay £39.99 at the end of Oct I will not need to pay any more?? Do plusnet know not to keep taking the money?
LiamM
Grafter

Migration Question

Yourbest bet would have been to schedule your migration to happen at the end of the notice period.

You can claim back any days after the 30 that you've paid for.
N/A

Migration Question

It is too late to change when the migration happens.

Just had a quick thought would it make sense to downgrade my package today the the 2MBIT £14.99 service and pay the £14.99 downgrade fee as well.

That means over the next 30days I will have to pay £29.98 instead of £39.99, a saving of £10, is that allowed?
LiamM
Grafter

Migration Question

I don't think you can downgrade after you've requested a migration.

You will have to contact the new ISP to see if the migration can be delayed.
N/A

Migration Question

OK thankyou. I will not delay my migration has I am keen to move on. If it is going to cost be £39.99 than so be it.