cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration.....PROBLEMS!!!!

N/A

well i recently migrated to UKOnline, 8mb service after being dissapointed with the random line dropping and loss of sync and poor customer services.
Here are my thoughts.

On the 2nd November i was released by PN and taken on by ukonline, when they went to the exchange to plug me in to the unbundled loop some of the "ties?" were broken. what does this mean? I will tell you, i am now without the Net for a time period unknown to anyone as it is up to BT. my cooling off period expires tommorow so do i cancel and go else where or do i hold it outHuh

Plus net has its problems yes. but they all do. it isnt an excuse to be a crap provider because everyone else is, it just means there needs to be a government watchdog to monitor some of the cowboy traders out there.

Plus net were a very good ISP for a long time and if they can sort out there problems i would come back without hesitation. Dont be so quick to jump ship like i did, the waters have sharks!

One more thing, this whole community here is a very good one where everyone can air their opinions and it isnt censored by PN ukonline have nothing like this, when logged in you get just your mail, no speed tests no usage info, Nothing!!!

Thanks
Linksview signing off!
3 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Migration.....PROBLEMS!!!!

Plus net were a very good ISP for a long time and if they can sort out there problems i would come back without hesitation. Dont be so quick to jump ship like i did, the waters have sharks!

In fairness i think plusnet are still a good ISP, in some ways

The fact is however they have drastically changed there market base target from the tech savy to basically people who are the ones likely to use AOL, wannadoo etc, in a very short time

Thus the mass exodus of the old school while a lot of newbies come online, who are usually less demanding of the network and dont use things such as P2P, USEnet etc

the 14.99 package is a good package for the price, and in 6-12 months time when all the downloaders have left and the network is running with a bit more free capacity then plusnet can go one of two ways

a) Keep the bandwidth and allow people a bit more lee way
b) Cut some pipes and be even more profitable

Either way the market they are aiming for will take a lot of time to get a hold in, obviously they dont have AOLs marketing budget and most of the customers come from word of mouth so they will have to pull something special out in the next year to keep over 100000 BB customers

This is were the problem lies, with so many unhappy people leaving they will prob not be recomending +net as they may have done before, thus the main source of advertising is severely dented

Also sponsering 1st division (next season) football teams doesnt really cut it either, maybe they need to invest in a sheffield team which will be in the premiership next season Wink
N/A

Good post, maybe +net should take a read and they can see there errors!
i wonder if anyone of power in +net has ever even read a post?!? doubt it i bet they are all with good isp`s!

as for sponsorship, i cant thinkof a sheffield team who will be in prem ever!
N/A

what on earth are the ties?