cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Fee

N/A

Migration Fee

I have read recently that to join plusnet costs nothing but to leave within 5 years incurs a migration fee of £59.00 can you please advise if this true
4 REPLIES
N/A

Migration Fee

equinoxts

Yes that is true, however the amount you would have to pay back reduces each year until after 5 years you have to pay back nothing.

Hope that helps

Steve
N/A

Migration Fee

I don't know for sure, but isn't that only relating to if you have some free hardware from PN?

(Which i'm assuming you wouldn't since you'd already have your own hardware if you're doing a migration?)
N/A

Migration Fee

There would be more costs incurred by PN than the cost of a modem (and yes you are correct you do not get one if you migrate) therefore if you leave within the 5 year period I would imagine PN would want some of that cost back.
N/A

Migration Fee

Ok. firstly standard migration from another ISP is free. Should you leave within the first 12 months you will incur a fee of £14.99 which BT have charged +net for your migration.

A new activation, based on the "you stay we pay" system is free. however if you leave within 5 years you will be liable for the cost of activation + any hardware on a downward sliding scale reducing each year until year 5.

This is implemented by Plus net because they have to pay for activation and in order to keep costs low they will have to re coup this cost if you dont remain with them for that period of time.