cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Date Query

N/A

Migration Date Query

Hi all,

Been having a glance through the forums for the last few days, I am due to migrate to PlusNet tomorrow. However something is confusing me.

Under my order status, I am being told the migration is due for completion on 2005-08-05 (tomorrow), but under my tickets it is showing the ADSL commit date as tomorrow but customer activation date after 12pm on Saturday. Could this be an error in the ticketing system or am I going to experience at least 24hrs of downtime?

Regards,
Tom
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Migration Date Query

Hi Tom,

The Commit date is the date that the migration will happen. Now usuall it will be done in the early hours of the morning and your account activated shortly after, but it could happen at any time of the day, hence the allowance of a 24 hour window.

What you'll find is that your existing connection will stop working, at that point change your username to your new PlusNet username, it may take up to an hour for all the changes to happen on BT's network and for the account to be activated on our side, but generally no more downtime than that.
N/A

Migration Date Query

Thanks Dave, that's me relieved. Now just to wait till tomorrow Smiley .