cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating question???

N/A

Migrating question???

I want to migrate to another ISP(Be Unlimited) due to the dismal speeds. But can i migrate now, wihout having to pay any fees (joined in December 2005)?
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Migrating question???

As we have no idea what your contract is.....

Are you on a monthly or annual contract.

Is this your first ADSL connection or did you migrate in?

If new ADSL, did you pay for your connection (and modem if you received one) up-front or did you defer it over 5 years in the 'you stay we pay' free activation promotion?

Are you on ADSL Max or LLU?

If you are not on LLU and on monthly contract with no deferred fees then you can request your MAC and give 30 days notice and then pay any normal monthly fee within those 30 days, claiming back any fees paid beyong the 30 day notice period.
N/A

Migrating question???

Im on premier option 1 (12 month contract), i migrated in and didn't request any hardware. I am also on adsl max, so where does that leave me?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Migrating question???

Well that leaves you with just under two months left on your subscription until the end of the annual contract - so you will at least be subject to paying that.

I guess you have no deferred hardware or activation fees, since you didn't have any hardware and migrated in.

I am not sure how the 30 day's notice works with this though. I assume it would be included in the two months worth of subscription payments you'll be subject to - but it could be additional month on top of that.

Having not migrated I am not sure, but I am sure someone can clarify.
N/A

Migrating question???

so two more monthly payments, then im off?Huh
shellsong
Grafter

Migrating question???

I would imagine if you ask for your MAC on the 30th November you should be covered nicely Wink -- maybe you should ticket CS to be certain though!
N/A

Migrating question???

Thats what i was thinking, then hopefully off to 24mb speeds.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Migrating question???

I believe there would be a deferred cost of £14.99 for migration as well if you leave within the first 12 months.
N/A

Migrating question???

Squidgy, yes indeed. But my train of thinking is that n the 30th December the user would have been with Plusnet for 366 days ( 1 year and 1 day ). So it should be possible to give notice on the 30th November that you intend to leave on the 30th of December, meaning you have fullfilled your contract in full.

Redman, Your best bet is to open a ticket and then also post the ticket numebr in here in hope comms will see it. This is a bit of info even I am keen to find out as it would either confirm or solve the 13 month contract puzzle for me.

Regards,
N/A

Migrating question???

Do i ask for my MAC code when i tell them im leaving on the 30th of November, and if so, when do i give the MAC code to my new ISP?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Migrating question???

You simply ask for the MAC whenever you wish to leave, and provide it to your new ISP approximately 7 - 14 days before you wish to start using them (as it takes this long for the new ISP to setup your account and get BT to sort there end out). Note also that Plusnet requires 30 days notice of leaving (you can of course leave during this time, but you will still be billed for the full duration). Finally, a MAC code is only valid for 30 days.

It's normally best to sacrifice a week on Plusnet to get your new ISP sorted rather than having your MAC expire or potentially leaving you without a connection if something goes wrong during the move.
N/A

Migrating question???

I know this sounds really stupid but what do you mean by sacrificing a week with Plusnet?

N/A

Migrating question???

i know I should be trying Plusnet site to find these answers but reading this thread you folks seem to know what your on about Smiley

Brand new Broadband June 2005, so 1 year 5 months.
Took the 5 year deal, with hardware etc. (experience has been bitterly won!).Premier :shock: £21.99.

My payment date is the 8th of month - if I paid November's as the last month, have I then got until 8th December to find a new ISP and transfer via a "MAC key" and pay all the fees?

Any guesstimate of the amount I would have to pay would be appreciated.

My apologies to anyone who thinks I'm being lazy but I need to get this right and this thread seems to have people who know what there talking about Wink

I can't go through the shambles of last xmas - two weeks off work and all I could do was web browse - not again!!

Cheers in advance Smiley
N/A

Migrating question???

You simply ask for the MAC whenever you wish to leave, and provide it to your new ISP approximately 7 - 14 days before you wish to start using them (as it takes this long for the new ISP to setup your account and get BT to sort there end out). Note also that Plusnet requires 30 days notice of leaving (you can of course leave during this time, but you will still be billed for the full duration). Finally, a MAC code is only valid for 30 days.

It's normally best to sacrifice a week on Plusnet to get your new ISP sorted rather than having your MAC expire or potentially leaving you without a connection if something goes wrong during the move.

I know this sounds really stupid but what do you mean by sacrificing a week with Plusnet?
N/A

Migrating question???

You give Plusnet 30 days notice of cancellation.

A MAC code only lasts 30 days before it expires.

Therefore, I would recommend that you use your MAC 2 weeks before it runs out. It will probably be activated 7-10 days afterwards, but can sometimes take longer. Therefore there's a chance you could be sacrificing a week of plusnet.

Then again, I think most people would be happy to leave Smiley