cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating out and Referrals

Sproglet
Grafter

Ok it's been suggested in the past that if you wish to still get your referrals when you migrate out you should as to be moved down to the £4.99 dialup account.

Can you migrate down to the "partner" program at £1 a month instead?

http://www.plus.net/partners/
7 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

I don't think its possible to downgrade to that account within the system, with it being a special account. Though the best thing to do is request if it you are migrating out, and then someone can come back with a definate answer for you when they try to carry out the change.
Sproglet
Grafter

Thanks for the answer. I'm not planning on leaving but it's nice to know.

I've also raised a ticket as my referrals "credit" has not been paid to me and after billing I had over 20 quid sitting there.
LiamM
Grafter

Just to argue against that, Tam (well known on IRC and AG) recently made an account change to the partner programme account for the very reason of gathering referrals...
Community Veteran

Whats a partner programme account?
N/A

A means of generating referrals without having an active PN account.

It costs £1 per month, refundable after your second referral.
JonathanW
Grafter

The Partner account is one that we have in place for people who don't want a service with us but want to be able to refer people and take advantage of the referal system.

So they pay £1 a month, but generally this is covered by the referrals that they have in place, and they make a bit of money.

As for changing to it, I hadn't heard of anyone switching over which is why I didn't think it was possible. But obivously if this has happened recently then we can offer it to other people.
Community Veteran

Sounds like a good idea. Might look into changing my FRIACO account Smiley