cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating charges ?

N/A

Migrating charges ?

C.A.B. have agreed with you (because they advised me of such) but PlusNet don't seem to take any notice!
13 REPLIES
N/A

Migrating charges ?

Bob, not his PC time isn't 1 hour slow. The posting time comes from the server but gets converted into what ever time zone you have set in your profile.

So click https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile and change your profile to the correct timezone.
N/A

Migrating charges ?

If you want to migrate because PN have changed your service why do you have to pay them £15 to do so. If *they* change your service surely *they* cannot demmand the £15 for leaving, CAN THEY?

Fair enough for any outstanding fees, but this is just a ransom.
N/A

Migrating charges ?

Sorry I do not understand what you are saying!
Who/what is C.A.B.?

PS: your PC time is 1 hour slow ;-)
Community Veteran

Migrating charges ?

CAB is Citizens Advice Bueareu (sorry can't spell it)
N/A

Migrating charges ?

:-) Thanks for that.

I really wish PN would have a shake up in the C.S. dept. You telephone and get information and then are told it is wrong by the next person, and then they point blank refuse to answer a simple question on the phone but have a bl00dy cheek to answer it in a ticket !

If I bang on enough about this here, I wonder if they will offer me free migration, or is that reserved for others ;-)
N/A

Re: Migrating charges ?

If you want to migrate because PN have changed your service why do you have to pay them £15 to do so. If *they* change your service surely *they* cannot demmand the £15 for leaving, CAN THEY?

Fair enough for any outstanding fees, but this is just a ransom.

When you migrate in, you agree that you will repay the £15 migration charge, if you leave within 12 months.

Although PlusNet are changing the terms of the service, they are saying you will not be held to a 12 month contract (IE, not have to pay the remaining months from now to the end of the 12 months).

They are not saying that defered charges (like the migration fee, activation or hardware) are waived.

These are charges that should have been payed up front.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Migrating charges ?

“These are charges that should have been payed up front”

Charges for all the thing plus net advertise as ‘free’ to con people into signing up . If these fees should have been paid upfront plus net should have asked for the money upfront!!! Putting it simply plus net are extortionists who hook people in then demand exuberant amounts of money from people who wish to leave when plus net lower the quality of customers broadband. Plus net and its staff are nothing more than liars charlatans and con artists you don’t deserve any customers!
N/A

Migrating charges ?

@acarr

Yes I found it now, so it is not FREE and gives you 12 month contract although it says 1 month contract, then they change the service I payed for and I pay to tell 'em to stuff it ...clear as mud ;-)
aeroalfie
Grafter

Migrating charges ?

The only thing we should have to pay for is hardware, why should we have to pay to leave a lesser quality service than that which we signed up for, it’s ridiculous!
N/A

But they did - erm then changed their minds - I suspect when they worked out hour much extra money could be brought in. Another PN u-turn.

Same here, I was told on phone, as they had changed my service there would be no £15 charge if I mentioned the reason on ticket. I thought the Y.T.S. had stopped years ago, but PN must still be recruiting them ;-)
N/A

They are not saying that defered charges (like the migration fee, activation or hardware) are waived.

But they did - erm then changed their minds - I suspect when they worked out hour much extra money could be brought in. Another PN u-turn.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Migrating charges ?

Hi,

The £14.99 migration charge is the initial fee that was waived when migrating in. This is found on the portal here.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Migrating charges ?

So, change it to FREE after 12 months then ;-)
Nah, that don't look so good !