Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Out And Domains

Pathfinder
Grafter

Hi

I have two domains that are hosted by Plus.net. If I migrate out will I need to go back and amend my records at my domain provider (123reg) before hand.

What happens if I dont?

Cheers
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

If you were to migrate out, the fate of your domains depends on what happens to your account. If you have the account closed fully, then the domains will be dropped from our servers, and you'll have to talk to 123Reg about getting DNS hosting changed. If you have the account downgraded to a free one, then you'll have to choose which one of the domains gets dropped, and then pay an annual hosting fee for the second domain.
Pathfinder
Grafter

OK thanks.
N/A

You should be able to have the domain management eaisly transfered back to 123-reg. The only reason a lot of us migrated them in in the first place was for use of rDNS and linking up with our plus accounts. Having the records moved back to under the control of the 123-reg control panel shouldn't be an issue Smiley Timing of it may be, as obviously they'll be a limbo period between the management leaving PlusNet's control and going back to 123-reg's. But that shouldn't be an issue if you're keeping the records the same on both.
Pathfinder
Grafter

You should be able to have the domain management eaisly transfered back to 123-reg.

Yeah thats what I thought, just go back into the 123reg self-admin page and change the nameservers. As you say its the timing. I really need to do it a few weeks in advance of migrating so I can be sure all is OK.

Do I have to do any admin at the Plus.net end or does the 123reg change override it all anyway?

Cheers