cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating DSL to PlusNet

paulus2007
Dabbler

Migrating DSL to PlusNet

Hi, I am a little peeved - when you look through all the blurb you think that migrating is easy - now without broadband access for nearly 3 days! My previous ISP removed my access 24 hours before the due activation time and now plusnet have not activated the connection. Activation was due at midday 13th and we are now on the 15th.. and nobody will answer my tickets.. 19377020 - etc and I can't get through on the standard support line.

I guess I would use the premium line if I could guarrantee a quick call but I object to paying 50p a minute to listen to music.

Is this usual? My DSL modems say that the line is active - and will even login with a 10.10.10.xxx address - which is stupid to say the least.

Anybody out there?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Migrating DSL to PlusNet

If your line is active, then the first time you try to log into the Plusnet BB network, your account should automatically activate itself, have you double-checked all settings (username, password, connection type etc?)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Migrating DSL to PlusNet

Have you had the email giving your login details? (Some emails are taking several days to be delivered at the moment).

You could try connecting. Your ADSL login will probably be username@plusdsl.net and your usual password.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Migrating DSL to PlusNet

I migrated nearly 3 weeks ago and I must say that PN is very bad on giving information on what one has to do. Luckily I did check out the info on PN website before the switch otherwise I could have been struggling. PN did send me an email with all the details but this was after the switch which is no good as internet access had been lost and I could not retrieve emails!!!! The last post is correct you only need to change the username and password in your adsl modem.
Mand
Grafter

Migrating DSL to PlusNet

Hi there

As per the telephone message I have recently left for you, your broadband account has now been activated. Please try to log on using newlins@plusdsl.net and your account password.
paulus2007
Dabbler

RE: DSL Migration

Yep, correct settings - at least these are the same settings that I had when I was previously with PlusNet and DSL.

I haven't had the email yet. PlusNet don't recognise the activation yet.

I have tried 2 different modems (3com and Netgear) and they both login - newlins@plusdsl.net - and come up with a 10.10.10.xxx IP address, gateway of 10.10.11.1 and DNS of 192.168.1.1.

This is crazy.
N/A

Migrating DSL to PlusNet

When you say they both "come up with" what exactly do you mean?
Is this the address you type into the browser to log into the modem?
It sounds like you have changed the username and password which YOU use to log into the modems, rather than the username and password which your modem uses to connect to PN.
Both the IP addresses mentioned are private IP addresses, which means they only exist on your network (ie your side of the modem rather than on the outside - internet side - of your modem)
paulus2007
Dabbler

RE: DSL Migration

The DSL has now been activated by PlusNet and I now have regular IP addresses!

No - the IP addresses did not belong to my network - I only use the normal 192.168.0.xxx private IP addressing - a class C address which would not allow 10.xxx.xxx.xxx addresses (Class A) or 192.168.1.xxx addresses (Class C).

I can only assume that somewhere on the PlusNet or BT network they use a class A addressing and the network was in a loopback mode.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Migrating DSL to PlusNet

I think those IPs are the ones assigned by BT when the radius authentication fails.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Migrating DSL to PlusNet

If thats the case then it seems that is was some issue with the RADIUS servers activating the account the first time you tried, at least whatever the reason was, its now resolved! Happy surfing Wink