cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated - now on PAYG?

N/A

Migrated - now on PAYG?

Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for choosing PlusNet Pay as you Go (Standard) as your new account!

To confirm, your PlusNet account details are as follows:

* Your e-mail address is postmaster@nordberg.plus.com, where postmaster can be replaced by any word you like or any existing mailboxes on your account.
* Your Web address (URL) is http://www.nordberg.plus.com

About your PlusNet Pay as you Go (Standard) account

We hope that you enjoy your PlusNet account, and if you need any assistance with any of our services you can contact us 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
You can use the convenient 'Contact Us' facility on the Portal to contact one of our Support team, or alternatively call us on 0845 1400200.

If you require the access number for your account - this can be found in the Connection Settings section of My Account in the portal Member Centre.

To enjoy the features of your new account, please disconnect from the Internet and then re-connect.

What on earth is this? I_am_no_longer_a_Plusnet_customer....
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Migrated - now on PAYG?

It's standard practic for you to be downgraded to a dailup Payg account when you leave.
N/A

Migrated - now on PAYG?

I suppose this stops them saying they have lost customers and they can still include them in the "total" customers in financial reports?? Smiley
N/A

Migrated - now on PAYG?

They are new to the dial up account - so wouldn't that be classed as a "new user" - :?
N/A

Migrated - now on PAYG?

or perhaps its a service to customers so they can keep e-mail accounts etc. I think its a good thing - lets face it you don't have to use it if you don't want to Wink
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Migrated - now on PAYG?

The total customers in our last report were active broadband accounts. PAYG and FRIACO dial accounts are not included in this total.

The main reason we change the account to a PAYG account is that there is no susbscription charge and people can still use their PlusNet email addresses.
Alecto
Grafter

Migrated - now on PAYG?

Looks like Plusnet can't win.
Even when they do something helpful, people look for ulterior motives. Cool
Community Veteran

Migrated - now on PAYG?

indeed :roll:
N/A

Migrated - now on PAYG?

My Smiley smiley was meant to indicate a level of sarcasm :roll:
But since the customer never asked for PAYG account they are bound to be confused when being informed of the new account which they have chosen
Perhaps a rewording of the message might clear things up is all.

(note this post does not contain sarcasm)
N/A

Migrated - now on PAYG?

Looks like Plusnet can't win.
Even when they do something helpful, people look for ulterior motives. Cool

To be fair they only have themselves to blame for the negative attitude towards them, due to the recent events.
Alecto
Grafter

Migrated - now on PAYG?

That's being fairHuh?Huh
LiamM
Grafter

Migrated - now on PAYG?

Can we try and keep this on topic please? I don't see why multiple people have to jump on and complain at the first chance they get. There are some people that actually have genuine issues / questions they want answers to. If you have nothing useful to contribute - then don't.
ChrisR
Grafter

Migrated - now on PAYG?

I hate when moderators tell users to keep on topic. It was just two posts that weren't, blimey. It's just a discussion and no one is really going to be too bothered if it's on topic or not.
LiamM
Grafter

Migrated - now on PAYG?

Thread locked...

The OP asked a question, it has now been answered - there is no need for the discussion to continue and I'm certainly not going to leave it open for people to start having a go at me.