cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate in fee? Pls help

N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Im on BB+ and want to migrate out. I joined up on the 31/10/05 and requested the MAC yesterday and I received this reply -

"before we can issue your mac code we will require the 14.99 migration fee which is payable within the first year if you migrate away as per terms and conditions, please advise how this can be taken."

So I replied with a quote from PlusNet "guarantee" -

"All of our broadband products come with a unique guarantee: if you're new to PlusNet, you'll get a relaxing 45-days to experience our broadband service to find out if it's right for you. If you're not completely satisfied during this time, we'll pay for you to change to another broadband provider."

And now they are saying I have to pay a migrate in fee. But I cant understand and cant find it in the guarantee.. Can someone help me out pls
15 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Hi,

As part of the offer of free migration if you migrate out within 12 months you would need to repay the migration fee of £14.99. This is the case regardless of whether you are using the PlusNet Guarantee or not as it's a seperate offer with seperate T's & C's.
N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

The terms and conditions stated here http://www.plus.net/features/guarantee_terms_and_condtitions.shtml

Does not mention anything about a migrating in fee, its ridiculous.
Also I joined up 31/10 which is well within the 45 day service.
JonathanW
Grafter

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Hi,

As already mentioned, the migration fee is seperate to the PlusNet Guarantee, and as such isn't covered on the same page. As its covered under the regular Terms and Conditions.
N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Hi,

As already mentioned, the migration fee is seperate to the PlusNet Guarantee, and as such isn't covered on the same page. As its covered under the regular Terms and Conditions.

theres always something seperate somewhere.. just to cover your backs, disgraceful
N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Why aren't all the terms and conditions together on one page, and why aren't the terms and condition for the migrate in fee on the sign up page? don't you think thats a bit mis leading?
N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Ts & Cs are on different pages to make editing easier.
N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Wow, PlusNet really know what they are on about...read this reply email, im still giggling like a little school girl -

"It dosnt acutaly state the fees amount but it dose state that there maybe fees off cancelation.

Regards,
Link:CUAremoved

Sopt teh speling erorrs :lol:

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): CSA's name removed. Please dont quote these details.]
N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Has anyone else had this same problem? I really feel that its misleading. I have asked PlusNet to point out to me where it states that a in fee is charged when you migrate out.
I just want someone to point out to me where it says that there is a fee when you leave. All I have had is "there maybe a cancellation fee"
prichardson
Grafter

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Hi,

This information can be found in the migration FAQ here

Kind Regards,
N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Thanks i have been asking customer support for this information for the past 2 hours. If i request my mac code now how long would the service still be available to me?
prichardson
Grafter

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Hi,

The service would remain available until BT confirmed that you had actualy migrated out.

So if you didn't migrate, then service would just continue as normal.

Kind Regards,
N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Is the cancellation fee charged immediatley or when the mac code is used by another isp? thanks.
prichardson
Grafter

Migrate in fee? Pls help

Hi,

The first step is for us to notify you of any costs that would be owed to us, prior to migration.

Once you agree to these and supply valid card details on your, payment will be taken immediatly.

After payment is confirmed, a MAC code is issued to you.

Kind Regards,
N/A

Migrate in fee? Pls help

And do you pay interest on the money taken if it has to be returned when the MAC code is not used?

Thought not. Nice little side earner.