cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate away from Plusnet?

N/A

Hi

I have been with Plusnet for 4 years on an ANNUAL contract. If I choose to migrate to another ISP what's the cost to me?

Would it be simpler and quicker to not accept the new T&C? Smiley

Regards,
15 REPLIES
N/A

It would cost you absolutely nothing, the vast majority of ISP's allow you to migrate in for free.

Especially if you do it now by not agreeing to the new T&C's as ANYBODY with plusnet can leave for free on this basis (no contractural obligations).
N/A

When are the new T&C out?. I might put in for my MAC Key.
N/A

When are the new T&C out?. I might put in for my MAC Key.

"These new Terms and Conditions will replace all existing Terms and Conditions on Friday 16th September 2005. We will assume that you accept these new Terms and Conditions unless you contact us by this date to indicate otherwise. If you do not wish to accept these new Terms and Conditions please use the Contact Us tool."
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Lifted from the main page on ADSLGuide

In addition to these minor changes, PlusNet is also making two amendments to their Acceptable Use Policy, namely the introduction of 'idle time-outs' and traffic prioritisation. These will ensure a quality of service for customers, particularly at peak times for critical applications such as Voice over IP which are very dependent on low latency and guaranteed speed connections.

Customers should note that if they feel these new terms are to their detriment then they have the choice of terminating their contract as long as they do so by 16 September. They can use the 'Contact Us' tool on the PlusNet website to do this. The ability to leave will be without penalty, other than paying for any hardware that was obtained under deferred payment terms. This means that you will not be held to a longer contract term you subscribed to, nor will you be required to pay any activation fees that were deferred over a longer contract period.

N/A

Tnx for the info. Wink I will have a think possibly off to ZEN.
N/A

Tnx for the info. Wink I will have a think possibly off to ZEN.

Funny you should mention Zen Smiley
N/A

do the new terms and conditions apply to the premier account as i have requested my mac key yesterday and plusnet are asking for a £14.99 fee as i have not been with them for 12 months
N/A

Yes - so cancel your request and do it again when you get your email!
N/A

thanks will do but dont seem to get all my emails from plusnet
Alecto
Grafter

I bet you'll get this one!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The new T&C's apply to all accounts, broadband and dial up. The Idle timeouts mentioned previously only apply to Broadband Plus and ADSL Home Surf accounts.
N/A

I have just given notice that I will not accept the new T&C and have requested my MAC code.

Let's see how smooth the transfer to Zen is. :roll:
N/A

do you still have to give 30 days notice so paying another month with plusnet or can you migrate out straight away
N/A

Good luck eddiewood, I Think i will be folowing you.