cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate In From Pipex LLU?

MrToast
Grafter

My friend is having a deal trying to get a MAC out of Pipex. It transpires that she has been LLU'd

Can PN migrate-in from Pipex LLU to a BTw IP Stream delivered product?

I'm not clear if Pipex actually provide MAC's for LLU. Is this a requirement yet?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

IIRC the new rules for Mac codes have been in for a couple of months now...
tex
Grafter

I don't think LLUs use MACs. She'll need to be transfered back to BT then assigned onto the PN network.
hamsandwich
Grafter

Tell her to stay where she is!
Community Veteran

Yes they do, but they are different to the BTW ones but act in the same way. PIPEX should get their LLU supplier (if it is not themselves) to issue a MAC and this must be done within 5 days of the request according to the new rules for migrations.

However, that is not the whole story...

Transferring between LLU suppliers is more tricky as it needs the new ISP/Supplier (Tiscali in PNs case) to actually have LLU in the same exchange which is not always the case. If PN don't then the only option is to switch back to IPStream.

Whether PN can actually accept LLU MACs is another issue as they are no longer putting people on LLU now. This is something only they can answer so I suggest you raise a ticket for this.
MrToast
Grafter

Hmmm... seems a little more complicated than I hoped.

But if BT Openreach treat all network providers the same then...

OK, best raise a ticket. :?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

We can accept LLU MAC keys and use these to transfer customers onto the IPStream network. Just let us know it's an LLU MAC when you provide it to us and there shouldn't be a problem.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team