cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet to plusnet migration

N/A

I have been with Metronet for nearly 2 years and I thought about migrating to Plusnet only to find that its the same company.
One of Plusnet's incentives was to offer free setup for those migrating from other companies yet I am shocked to hear that free setup does not apply to existing Metronet customers.
Plusnet want to charge me around 50 quid to migrate.
Surely this is unfair. Isn't it less work for them to transfer a Metronet customer than a customer from eleswhere?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

James
Grafter

If it really is just a migration, then there's no way that this should cost £50. Are you in fact referring to moving house?

This should be in Community Support though Wink
N/A

If it really is just a migration, then there's no way that this should cost £50. Are you in fact referring to moving house?

This should be in Community Support though Wink

No, I am not moving house.
A couple of months or so ago I phoned metronet and plusnet about the possible migration.
I was told that it would be quick and straight forward without the need of a mac key but I couldnt escape the connection fee of something like £47
I thought that unfair and didnt go ahead with it.
My main motivation was to be able to use the referral system and save money off my monthly bill
If only metronet had a referral system

Why can't it?
James
Grafter

No reason why a migration should cost that much. Sure, if it were a reprovide, then it would have done, but as it's just a realm change, I can't think of any reason why it would cost anything more than £14.99.

Referrals is definitely a good add-on for the top 5.