cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages Disappearing from inbox

N/A

I have been experiencing a problem over the last couple of months whereby, on 2 occasions, messages which were sitting in my inbox have disappeared, then re-appeared out of the blue a couple of weeks later, as new (unread) messages.

The first time this happened was after I had compressed my mailbox (my fault, I suspect, as I didn't realise what would happen).

The second time it did it, I hadn't been doing anything, they just suddenly disappeared.

Has anyone come across this before, and got any suggestions as to how and if I can retrieve my missing messages ?

Thanks

Eunice

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): Case dropped on all CAPS title as it is considered shouting.]
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Messages Disappearing from inbox

The first time this happened was after I had compressed my mailbox (my fault, I suspect, as I didn't realise what would happen).

Hmm, where is this happening? This makes me think it's a local program rather than something like Webmail?
N/A

This definetely sounds like a client issue. I take it from your message that you're using Microsoft Outlook to collect your e-mail and POP3 as your mode of delivery?