cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from Alistair Wyse - Discussion

N/A

Please keep discussion and feedback of the announcement from Alastair Wyse to this thread.

Thanks.
29 REPLIES
N/A

Although many other ISPs are now implementing network management of some description, we believe our solution is the only one that is providing the advertised product in a quality way................

What was the evidence for this claim?
N/A

Its common knowledge that many SP's operate capping, shaping, management, FUP, SUP on their networks and many now mention it in their T&C's.
N/A

That's not what I meant, Mark.

What I meant was, what are Plusnet's grounds for believing that their solution is the only one that is providing the advertised product in a quality way?
passer
Grafter

AW said "We believe" this to be the case, which seems to be clear enough to me. Whether that proves actually to be the case is another matter of course, but he's just expressing a positive belief.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

How do we get to the "PlusNet News" apart from the link in the email sent to customers or in the forum post.

I can't find where this is listed in a menu or in A-Z help
lingbob
Grafter

N/A

I cannot belive that he has the cheek to say there was only 79 customer support issues,when 2 of these are mine.

If there are really only 79 then why have I waited over 2 weeks for them to re-credit an invoice the took payment for which was incorrect.

If there are really such a low number of outstanding issues, then why is there still such a slow turn-around on the remaining issues. Taking a DD payment when no payment was required, and then 2 weeks between accepting responsibilty and still waiting for someone to actually refund me.

If there are any Plus staff here, can you please look at tickets 19843802 & 19726785 .

Thanks
Phil
Nick_Russell
Grafter

http://portal.plus.net/features/csc_news/

Yes, I know this link...as I said - how do I get to this WITHOUT the email sent to customers or without the announcment?

In other words, how do I find PlusNet News by normal navigation.
N/A

Why are PlusNet pushing PUG so muchHuh

"You may have already come across the PlusNet UserGroup. If not you can find them at http://usergroup.plus.net. This is an excellent way to see more of what’s happening and of getting your feedback to us. UserGroup members are all customers of PlusNet plc, working in a volunteer capacity on behalf of other PlusNet plc customers.""

Instead of the official forum here Huh

Is there a hidden agenda?? Tongue
N/A

Click on "Home" at top of page
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Click on "Home" at top of page

This is obviously proving to be a very difficult question...I repeat again - how do I get to the PlusNet News pages. (The ones covering Customer Service improvements). That is the pages the link in the announcement point to.

ie Where is the menu or News link to -

http://portal.plus.net/features/csc_news/
N/A

"You may have already come across the PlusNet UserGroup. If not you can find them at http://usergroup.plus.net. This is an excellent way to see more of what’s happening and of getting your feedback to us. UserGroup members are all customers of PlusNet plc, working in a volunteer capacity on behalf of other PlusNet plc customers.""

Perhaps it's better to avoid answering pertinent questions on the PUG forum where there is less visibility to their customers than on this forum.
In particular the answers about LLU and why their customers were not given the opportunities to opt out.
Dave
N/A

I think you want to hear "you can't"
passer
Grafter

Because it's there, I guess. They don't have to get formally involved in the mod/admin roles, and it can't be accused of being partisan towards the company - it's independent. And they appear to believe that it's a responsible place, so it will mean that if you don't trust a company site, you don't have to go to ADSLGuide (washes out mouth theatrically). PlusNet users only.

@dillons

And of course, there'll be more scope for PlusNet to "answer pertinent questions" on this forum if the discussion threads are relocated............ :lol: