cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merry-go-round

Fixes: 115

Merry-go-round

I now understand the frustrations of so many people who have recently had cause to complain through these Forums.

Till now my MaxDSL has not given me any cause to contact PN except via Ticket regarding the VMBU.

I have had only 1 or 2 disconnections so far each being only less than 5 minutes but today I was without a connection for nigh on 90 minutes. After about 45minutes I was able to use Yahoo and Google but no email or any other websites including PN's.

My mother, alos with PN lives 7 miles away. She had no problems except could not access PN's website for me for further info.

After various checks on my phones, modem, connection, etc to no avail I decided to ring the Service Line to just hear a message informing me of no known problems.

I then attempted to ring CS - big mistake and waste of time this turned out to be:

First we listen to a long announcement including the message about pressing 9 to return to the main menu.
I pressed 2 for 'Have account'
Then 1 for Broadband
Then 2 for Intermittent fault

Message about no-one to take the call and to contact via the website, which, as many of you before me have pointed out, I wouldn't be ringing if I could. I thought 'let's use the Press 9 to return to Main Menu'. Nope - got cut off.

Dialled again;
Pressed 2 then 1 then 1 again for Noconnection. Same as above.

Dialled a third time;

Pressed 2 then 1 then 7 and... same as above.

I can't connect, can't get CS and no message about any fault.

At about 10:30 pm it all magically came on.

Just for interest I telephoned CS at 01:00 and there was a message about a fault. This was posted at 22:20 apparently after the fault had been rectified. Not a lot of help to the PN's customers.

The fault started around 20:45 so a message at 21:00 would have been better and I would not have got so frustrated.

I am not threatening to leave PN but I just wanted to vet my frustration here and join the ranks of the forgotten customers along with so many others.

Apologies for making this so long.

Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Merry-go-round

Hi,

I'm sorry about the problems you had earlier, we experienced a problem with the portal, email and the phone system just before 9pm this evening which was fixed just after 10pm.

Unfortunately the nature of the problem meant we were unable to update the phone message or post to service status until after the problem was resolved.

Everything should be back up and we've been able to update status now, we should have some more information in the morning about the cause.
Fixes: 115

Merry-go-round

Thanks, Dave, for your reply.

I appreciate outages can happen but it is a poor service when Customers cannot contact a friendly advisor or get a message informing him/her of any problems.

Under your previous phone system I was always able to contact CS during outages with a someone helpful advising me and the problems sorted in a short time.

Why not return to the old system and have many more happy and satisfied customers once more?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Well I'm mystified

I too had problems last night and was unable to get any answers. My ticket from last night is still unanswered and although the announcement says that email is back up I am still unable to send anythign via plusnet. What happened recently, this used to be a really good service, with someone always at the end of the phone........ :?: