cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxing Me to a "Lower" Speed???

N/A

Hello PlusNET Land, Cheesy

About 7 days days ago, I was one of the "fortunate" ones to receive the "MaxDSL Upgrade" *flashing lights and boom* Shocked

Anyway.... 6 days in and errrr if im not mistaken my connection has seemed to errr degrade not "Max". :?

Day 1 - 5200kbs (Nice... Was on 1mb so If it stayed at that I would be Chuffed) Smiley

Day 2 - 4800kbs ( Nice... Still Decent Speed) Smiley

Day 3 - Still in the 4000's... but BT Reporting Stable rates of 1000?? :?

Day 4 & 5 - Degraded to 2000 - 2700 (Bit downheartened) Sad

Day 6 (Weird Stuff) - Right ... on this day the router decided to keep on resyncing every 10 mins, doing my head in. Also whatever speed it was synced at I would never get more than 256k speeds (21-23kb/s) and i still am suffering with these 256k speeds Evil

FYI, on that day synced at figures from 2700 to 288 , yes you heard me right 288, half the speed of my upload which fair does is quick and stays at 448kbps.

Day 7 - Hmm well its syncing around the 2700 mark and BT are reporting a Stable Rate of 500kbps, which to be honest is not really right due to the fact I had a very stable 1mb line up until a week ago and seemed to get 118kb/s out of it when traffic permitted. :x

So anyway loggged a ticket on Day 6 and I dunno, I have this feeling that this will not be sorted out anytime soon Sad as from previous strories i've seen on this forum. Sad

Anyone in the same boat to make me feel better? Wink

Regards

Matt Tongue
10 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Have you looked at what your SNR has been doing while all this has been happening?
N/A

same here went from 2000 to 1000 then to 500 today i had the inside line rewired so my snr went from 6 to 14.5 hopeing this will sort it out keeping my fingers crossed
N/A

I have actually.....

The lowest its ever been is 7db at 5mb...

since then while speeds have been going down the SNR has bee increasing rapidly, upto 18db at one point
shellsong
Grafter

That's rediculiculiculous! Wink Tell them to switch the wires over-- it's supposed to be adjusting the speed so the SNR's low not the other way round! Tongue

Definitely "Shot Across the Bows" time!
N/A

Downstream Rate: 2624 kbps
Upstream Rate: 448 kbps
Channel: Interleaved
Current Noise Margin: 14.0 dB (Downstream), 16.0 db (Upstream)
Current Attenuation: 54.0 dB (Downstream), 31.0 db (Upstream)

Thats my current stats hmm... been like that for 24-36 hours now

Yet i still can only down at these pathetic 256k speeds Sad
superloon
Grafter

i have been gettin about 4Mbps and my snr is still on about 17 as it stands so does anyone think my speed will increase because i am hopin for about 6Mbps?? iam only 400 meters from my exchange bt say i should expect at least 6.5Mbps
N/A

mine is getting jumpier, so I presume that the final speeds are being test, I just re-installed the "All Seeing Eye" game server search program, and if anyone here knows it, it does a quick test of your up and downstream rates, my downstream i dont understand, it came back as
3941348bits/sec what does that translate to?
N/A

robynfali: 3941348bits/sec would be 3.941348mbits/sec (mega bits / sec). So a shade under 4Mbps.

welshwizard: My maxdsl training is giving me a nice rate during the day ~6Mbps, but during the evenings it drops down a few mbps, but the main problem during the evenings is the non-stop disconnects.
tumnus
Grafter

Does your modem show how many errors you are getting? You may be getting lots of errors that are unrelated to a low SNR (which you don't have anyway), which I would imagine the BT kit picks up as well.
shellsong
Grafter

@welshwizard

I reckon you should be seeing a sync of about 5Mbps unless as cpinkney says you are getting a lot of errors-- does your modem show errors? Otherwise you could use L8NC to check error levels perhaps