cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximising MaxDSL Speed

N/A

Maximising MaxDSL Speed

I've read many messages re this issue and put through a ticket but seem to get conflicting and (very technical) information. My line has been max'd as I understand it and indeed there was an increase in speed (using the Speed Test tool) to around 2.8Mb. I live in a small village away from the exchange (about 3 miles) and therefore don't expect 8Mb. The conflict seems to be - keep my router on for 10 days or so, or turn it off every day for a while so the line may be Sync'd at its maximum? I admit to having little understanding of the technical issues so it may be my fault in not understanding these things but if someone can give me a simple answer as to how I can know/achieve my maximum speed (in words of one syllable or less!) I shall be very grateful.
Thank you
JB
Notts UK
PS I'm happy with the speed I have now as I don't download music or large files but in time I suspect my needs will change and its as well to optimise my system now.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Maximising MaxDSL Speed

Its often worthwhile switching off your router once a day to make sure your router re-syncs at the best speed possible, without forcing the re-sync, you could find that you are connected at a lower speed than is actually possible.
Don't worry too much about the first ten day thing - the process is ongoing and continues as long as you have MaxDSL. The first ten days is simply used as a starting point, and they only need three connections to work out where to start out at.

I would suggest that you re-boot your router from the web interface rather than pulling the plug on it wherever possible however.
N/A

Maximising MaxDSL Speed

Thank you for that - I'll give it a go from now on.
John B