cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxed but no increase in speed.

rz2k7
Grafter

I was maxed on the 17th but up to now not had any increase in download speed from my previous speed of 2mb.
My router constantly syncs at 8128 down 448 up FAST, my stable rate is 8000.
I've had a rock solid connection, no disconnects. When I do download I hit 2mb max but not any faster.
My upload speed has increased but would like my download speed to increase too! Wink

If anyone can give BT a shove in my direction that would be great.
33 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

I've made some changes to your account, can you reconnect and then retest?
rz2k7
Grafter

Hi thanks for replying. Sorry for the long wait, had to go and earn my keep. Wink

I've rebooted my router, same sync and snr.
Done some speed tests but still seems the same.

Plusnet speedtester:
29-08-2006 15:58:03 1937.4
29-08-2006 15:57:26 0
29-08-2006 15:42:29 1652.2
29-08-2006 15:34:41 1886
29-08-2006 09:17:21 1948
27-08-2006 21:30:06 1959.6
26-08-2006 18:32:49 1945.8

Now I've even did a speed test through BT(speedtest@speedtset_domain) and it says 1963Kbps, so it seems I'm still at 2mb.
N/A

Re: Maxed but no increase in speed.

I was maxed on the 17th but up to now not had any increase in download speed from my previous speed of 2mb.
My router constantly syncs at 8128 down 448 up FAST, my stable rate is 8000.
I've had a rock solid connection, no disconnects. When I do download I hit 2mb max but not any faster.
My upload speed has increased but would like my download speed to increase too! Wink

If anyone can give BT a shove in my direction that would be great.

I was maxed on the 16th and getting the same.Router constantly syncs at 8128 down 448 up, stable rate 8000, 2mb max download.
Could anyone give BT a shove for me too please. Wink
C100
Grafter

I was Maxed on 20/7/2006 and i only get 2mb too, even though I can see the exchange next door and the bt website says I should get the full 8mb speed from my exchange.

The plusnet speed dignosis system says that it might be contention at the exchange, but Im not sure what that is.
rz2k7
Grafter

The plusnet speed dignosis system says that it might be contention at the exchange, but Im not sure what that is.

Well that's what I thought at first but my neighbour is on the same exchange as me and has been getting much faster speeds than me on Maxdsl.

Weird. :?
rz2k7
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Checked my router this morning still syncing at 8128down 448up, no disconnections.
Did some speed tests and maxed out at 2mb.
Came back from work this afternoon and done some more speed tests but still maxing out at 2mb.

It can't be exchange contention as my neighbour on the same exchange is getting faster speeds.
Not sure if it's Plusnet as my stable rate is 8000, so can only think it's BT.

I'm not the only one with this problem so could it be hardware related?. I'm using Zoom X5 router which does support 8mb.
Anyone else who is having the same problem, what router are you using?

Any help would be grateful Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If the BT Speedtest is showing 2Mbps as well then the chances are the throughput speed is being limited on BT's side because the BRAS speed hasn't been updated to reflect the new speeds.

This happens with some Max regrades, normally those with very stable lines. It should update within the first 75 minutes but on occassions will take longer, sometimes only being done at the end of the first 10-14 day period when the Maximum Stable Rate is set.
rz2k7
Grafter

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

I thought it might be down to BT.
So hopefully by tomorrow or Friday I should start getting faster speeds.

Well fingers crossed and let see what happens!

Many thanks for your help.
N/A

Can anyone from plusnet please look into my connection i'm back down to 2mb download speeds and my stable rate is 8mb :? my line will accept 3.5 mb or greater aswell.
N/A

i Am also having the same problems, i live 150ft from the exchange which im told is a bit dodgy due to old isdn stuff.

i was with bt for a few years maxing out at 235kb/s up & 32kb/s. Before joining Pn the test said i could receive at least 6m/4m. I've been a member for 3 weeks now and there's no speed increase Sad

My connections been perfect for years, my router record is 35 days without a reboot, so i doubt its a line fault as its still working perfectly

my routers about a year old and dont support adsl 2 ect. could this be causing the problems? if so can anyone suggest a decent router?

First time post, thanks in advance for any advice

cheers.
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi Tartan,

You are currently provisioned on a 2Mb product. When you raised a fault, no problems were identified on your line.
N/A

Cheers for the quick response horwath, but it really don't help me much. I know that my connection was 2m from bt.

I joined Pn for a speed increase, are you saying that this is not possible? Many of my friends locally (0.5 miles)have a much faster connection eg 6m/4m.

Now i may have only been a member for a very short space of time, but im paying £30 for a product im not receiving. This connection speed is imperative for my home business im starting up. so far nowt but delays!

Please don't say that we base our service on usage not speed. as the pre order test said 6m/4 was capable on my line & it seems to be your main advertising ploy

im cisco certified and having these problems lol what's joe everyman supposed to do?

once again thanks for any help you can offer
rz2k7
Grafter

Hi,

If the BT Speedtest is showing 2Mbps as well then the chances are the throughput speed is being limited on BT's side because the BRAS speed hasn't been updated to reflect the new speeds.

This happens with some Max regrades, normally those with very stable lines. It should update within the first 75 minutes but on occassions will take longer, sometimes only being done at the end of the first 10-14 day period when the Maximum Stable Rate is set.

Well it's been 15 days since Maxdsl and still no increase in speed. Still syncing at 8128 down 448 up with no disconnects.
Did a BT speedtest again and it still says 2mb. Have been rebooting router twice a day but no difference.
I can browse and download no probs so that is a plus! Smiley but not past 2mb Cry

Any more help would be appreciated.
N/A

Well it's been 15 days since Maxdsl and still no increase in speed. Still syncing at 8128 down 448 up with no disconnects.
Did a BT speedtest again and it still says 2mb.
Any more help would be appreciated.

16 days since Maxdsl & the same here.syncing at 8128 down 448 up constantly,solid connection. BT speedtest=2mb.

would also appreciate some help.