cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxed 10 days ago but no speed increase with a 8128 sync

N/A

Hi,
I got my max regrade 10 days ago and since then have synced at 8128 every time I connect without fail. My line length is only 100 meters ( I live next door to the exchange) but my MSR has never changed off 2000Kbps. Ive followed all the advices re rebooting the router but have never had any faster than 2Mbps connection that I had before.
I thought this had been fixed by BT but obviously not. Anone got any suggestions on what I can do to get Max speeds?

Gregor
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hello Gregor,

I got MAXED 10 days ago too but my speeds have been all over the show from a terrible 1.5megs upto a wizzy 6.2 megs. The MSR as shown on the F9 portal seems to bear no relationship to the actual speed of your connection you can check this by running a speed test either at F9 speed tester or via a third party website like ADSL guide's speed tester.

**I think given what you have said about your location and on top of this the large speed different between your 8.1megs sync speed but actual 2000kbps. I think it would be worth your while to open a support ticket with F9 and request that they check your connection & confirm that 2000kbps is correct.

**NOTE:- two other points to bear in mind here a) DSL MAX to give it, its correct product name is a "rate adaptive" technology this means its different from the previous ADSL 2meg service. Rate Adaptive means that the technology involved adjusts the line speed on the fly (i.e. as you use the service) according to the conditions on your line at the time. By line condition I mean things like line noise or SNR (signal to noise ratio), line attentuation, line length or distance from your exchange, contention ratios both on BT exchange & at F9's network,etc. b) The second point is that your connection get adjusted or readjusted twice per day anyway, once at 8am & a second time at 8pm.

**Also note: the quoted MSR seems to have little or no bearing upon the actual line speed you receive, I only trust my speed test results to show exactly what I'm really getting.

**DSL MAX is quoted as an upto 8megs service but that doesnt mean you will get the fully 8megs most users wont for a number of technical reasons. Finally F9 have quoted recently that a small number of users may see slower speeds on MAX than expected.

Ivan
N/A

Ivan
Ive raised a support ticket, as it looks like the BRAS profile bug has affected me and its still haning around although BT have supposed to fixed it

I get no more than 1.9Mbs throughput on BT's own speedtester, but I know that my line can support the full Max throughput as it did already when the exchange was provisioned and I tested it out for BTW a week before the exchange went live as I was the Wholesale campainer for the exchange. :-)

Hopefully F9 will come good and prompt the BRAS profile to update to my sync speed.

Gregor