cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDsl Vote

N/A

MaxDsl Vote

Ok there is a major fault with my line/connection/BT who knows, my connection can either be 4.5mb or dial up!
Its unusable have been having constant disconnects for weeks only after Max has been put on line?
36 REPLIES
slytuk
Grafter

MaxDsl Vote

No disconnects (Wifi dropps occasionally, but router seems connected almost always to Internet)

However my speed is poo Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

MaxDsl Vote

No problems at all after stable rate lifted from 2000 to 8000.

No disconnects (been connected for 107 hours).

Sync solid on 8128 - speed always over 5000 (except on Plusnet's crappy tester!).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

MaxDsl Vote

@slytuk

Have you seen this topic? Is it relevant?

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43114
Community Veteran

MaxDsl Vote

elvin,

Does your SNR value really not vary at all?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

MaxDsl Vote

This is what I get:

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 20 db 6.5 db
Noise Margin 9 db 26 db

I've never seen below 9db

My address is:

The Telephone Exchange.... Wink (no, not really)
Community Veteran

MaxDsl Vote

As I suspected, slowly but surely I am seeing a link between those with long lines (hence high attenuation) being those that have fluctuating SNR in the evening as those suffering. Sad

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
N/A

MaxDsl Vote

I had to go for the 'fine' option, since you (rather ufairly I think) didn't include an option for "Its bloomin' brilliant - the best idea ever") Wink
Highlighted
N/A

MaxDsl Vote

It's been brilliant, but have been having a few issues over the past few days...hopefully they'll be ironed out soon, but it's still usable.
brucerichards
Dabbler

MaxDsl Vote

After a few disconnects at the start its been great Sync 8128/448 MSR 8000 data rate 5-6mb/s download 350-370 kb/s upload.
Community Veteran

Re: MaxDsl Vote

my connection can either be 4.5mb or dial up!

What were you line stats before MaxDSL?

Are you saying:

[1] your router is connecting at different speeds at different times of the day
[2] your router is connected at same speed all times of the day and the download speed are variable?

What are your line stats now you have MaxDSL?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
N/A

MaxDsl Vote

I had to go for the 'fine' option,

Same here, in fact had I not had reason to reboot my router I would still not know it had been done, as my upgrade was overlooked due to my being on a "legacy" product and was waiting to see if I heard anything from Plusnet.

I did have a day of disconnections at random intervals but after speaking to BT faults department they discovered a problem on my line which was corrected within the hour..................... so my actual upgrade was a painless process and has'nt failed once in 14+ days and my router and computer are on 24/7.
N/A

MaxDsl Vote

Well router is syncing at 8128 down and 448 up has been since day 1 of upgrade... which was 20 days ago..PN stable rate page is 7000 and my Max speed has been around the 3500 mark(that was around 3.30am in morning) ....So I would love to know where my 7000 or even 8128 isHuhHuh Also I would like someone from PN to also tell me why I have not seen speeds of 7000+ beings though one of your staff has said you have received my Delta report... and dont go on saying send us BT speed results as I have already done this.
tumnus
Grafter

MaxDsl Vote

The people who tend to get lots of disconnections (like myself) are those whose line quality is somewhere in the middle, i.e. not rock solid at 8mb and sync anywhere between 1mb and 8mb. Because MaxDSL always tries to sync at the fastest speed (why, when we're rate limited to our MSR anyway?) it will usually keep the SNR margin too close to zero and as interference increases in the evening, it causes constant disconnections.

No one from PlusNet has commented on all these threads about MaxDSL instability. Does PlusNet/BT even recognise it as a problem :?: It has a really bad effect on online gaming (to the point where there is no point playing in the evening), VoIP, chat, and streaming.

The reports that BT have released recently about constant disconnections I think refer to another situation where some modems get stuck reconnecting or trying to connect over and over again.
N/A

MaxDsl Vote

I've had no disconnections and been syncing at 8128 since start...