cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDsl Speeds?

N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

Hi all,

My router is syncing at 8128 and my stable rate is at 8000 yet most speed tests I have done today at different times are showing speeds of around 3000. I know my speed will vary at different times but shouldnt I be able to hit my fastest possible speeds sometimes? And not be running at 50% of what my connection can do?
25 REPLIES
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

Think yourself lucky. I'm syncing at 6MB and have been stuck at 512k downloads for 4 days solid.
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

skinz welcome to my world aswell Evil
Community Veteran

MaxDsl Speeds?

Which speed tester are you using. It is possible _+nets is overloaded due to all of us doing speed tests.

Try adsl guide and zdnet.

Be aware that the speed llimit may now come from the remote server rather than you line, since you have a very fast connection compared with what has been available until recently.
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

skinz welcome to my world aswell Evil

And me, every sync is 8meg and my msr is 512k. Sad
long-gone
Grafter

MaxDsl Speeds?

@ hatton920
I have the same situation (8128 sync & 8000 MSR) - it wasn't until today (3rd day of MaxDSL) that my speed has started to creep up (currently 3500)
I'm just hoping that it will keep on creeping (upwards !) Cheesy
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

I have tried giganews, plusnet, adslguides, zens and bt own speed tester and they all are saying the same.
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

I am the same.

Downstream Rate: 8128 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 448 Kbps

Plus net Stable page says 8000Mbps

Speed tests were down as low as 976kbps earlyer.

Using http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/ at 23.06 - 06/05/06

I get
Download Speed: 3562 kbps (445.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 375 kbps (46.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
willhome
Grafter

MaxDsl Speeds?

everyone says there speeds slowly increases on the plusnet state rate link... but mine went from 2000 to 8000 in 7hours i was out... is this normal. is it because i have such a stable line
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

everyone says there speeds slowly increases on the plusnet state rate link... but mine went from 2000 to 8000 in 7hours i was out... is this normal. is it because i have such a stable line

The stability page seems to just be updated when plus get info from BT. Thus your line must be quite decent (i am also getting 8000) however even though it says 8000 I am not getting anywhere near this.

I don't think the line speed has incresed just that plus are now aware that your line should support a decent speed rate.

I think the reason for the stability page is to show what plus will cap your speed at to stop you having issues with your line, rather than the speed letting you know what speed you are actually going to get.
willhome
Grafter

MaxDsl Speeds?

well im getting 5.2mbps on speed tests atm
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

Last Result:
Download Speed: 4384 kbps (548 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 374 kbps (46.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

What exchange are you on Hatton920? and roughly how far away?

Your results seem to mirror mine at similar times, good to know others are getting same
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

Just as an aside. My usenet program is downloading at 760kb sec so its quicker than what the web testers say, which is nice Cheesy
N/A

MaxDsl Speeds?

I had 512k-1mb speeds for 7 days, then on the seventh night I got about 2MB. Although all this time I have been syncing at 4MB speeds.

Sometimes it just takes a long time for the BT equipment to get its rear into gear!