cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDsl – Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Nocturne
Grafter

How many people on MaxDsl would have moved to MaxDsl if they had known before the move what they know now.

I'm sure some have doubts and some no doubts whatsoever.

To keep it simple please forgive me if I ignore those who may well argue that they were never properly asked in advance and simply suggest that you vote accordingly, if you so wish.

Putting my cards on the table I have very mixed feelings and I've tried to word the Poll accordingly since I'm sure I'm not alone.

At the risk of breaking whatever etiquette applies to Polls, I would expect a significant percentage suggesting they would have transferred.

It would be interesting however to know what percentage of MaxDsl users now regret the move or have misgivings.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I voted Probably Not, because I would have preferred to no be a PN/BT lab rat and wait for them to iron out the problems. Clearly whatever they used as a Beta trial was insufficient.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

ive said Yes with reservations.

simply because, altho im having a tough time, it was pretty much a gamble if it was going to be a good connection or not, you cant guarentee it is going to be good or suck either way. Altho i miss the stability of my old connection
egrog52
Grafter

I would certainly like to try Maxdsl as I live right next door to my exchange and have very good stats. ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 2272 kbps 288 kbps
Line Attenuation 2 db 0 db
Noise Margin 28 db 30 db
I did try for a Q jump but nothing yet.
retep
Grafter

I would have opted out if asked before but it was presented as already done in the e-mail 'notice' I received.

I did vote yes with reservations although it has been disruptive with 1 and a bit days unusable then 5 days of a 1/2 speed (pre maxDSL) service. Otherwise a 40-50% speed increase. Its early days with for me with only 19 days since the upgrade kicked in, which is the reason for my reservations.

Peter.
N/A

I voted yes because I have 2½ my previous download speeds. I do get 2-3 disconnects over the day but I don't mind the trade.

I would like MaxDSL 'fixed' but I'm not sure it ever will/can be.
N/A

I voted yes
lunarjetman
Grafter

I voted yes because I have 2½ my previous download speeds. I do get 2-3 disconnects over the day but I don't mind the trade.

I would like MaxDSL 'fixed' but I'm not sure it ever will/can be.

That pretty much sums it up for me too. I would have liked much more info beforehand regarding the potential issues. But I've gone from 1Mb to 2.5Mb and I'm pretty happy about that as I am on a long line.