cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDSL

N/A

MaxDSL

hi,

my exchange has been maxdsl enabled and my router is showing the following sync stats:

448 Kbps UPLOAD 7424 Kbps DOWNLOAD

however i'am still gettign 2mbit speeds and i assum this is because i havent been upgraded at plusnet's end yet. is there anyway of checking when plusnet will upgrade me? or is it done on my next billing date?
i'am on premier upto 8mbit.
17 REPLIES
N/A

MaxDSL

It isn't PN's end - BT have remote access servers (BRAS) in the exchanges which can take between 75 minutes and 3 days to update to the new speed.

Wait 3 days if things don't change then raise a ticket.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

MaxDSL

I guess your rouer was connected when it was changed.

Try reconnecting - if you get a different speed the BT end should lift the 2MB block.

If this doen't work it could be up to 3 days.

If you are still on 2MB after 3 days - raise a ticket.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

MaxDSL

ah cheers guys- ive reconnected a few times and its made no difference so i'll just wait abit.
N/A

MaxDSL

Cybertrek, can you share with us what package you were paying for?
Community Veteran

MaxDSL

If it reconnected at the same or very similar speed it wouldn't make a difference. Not guaranteed to work, but if you could make it sync at a different speed it might force the change - you haven't got a dodgy filter laying around? (or try connecting without a filter). Once you've forced a different speed then go back to normal setup.
N/A

MaxDSL

upon reconencting it'd sync at a slightly different speed, around 7000-7600 kbps but it'd still be 2mbit. i'am on the premier upto 8mbit package. so do you think there is any cause for concern..? i'll keep reconnecting and seeing if its changed if not i'll raise a ticket.
N/A

MaxDSL

Can actuall take up to 10 days!!! I contacted PlusNET after my 3 days were up, and they then told me that the process can actually take up to 10 days!!

My router showed 8mb sync on 1st April, and it was only on Monday 10th than I noticed any speed increases...
Community Veteran

MaxDSL

That's rubbish!

The 10 days is for the maximum stable rate to be established.

The problem here is if you are syncing at much more than 2MB but only seeing a maximum speed on speed tests of 2MB. If that goes more than 3 days there's a problem and you have to raise a ticket for it to be investigated.
N/A

MaxDSL

well my connection is goin mental now, constantly losing sync and reconnecting from anywhere betwen 4000-7600 kbps tho its still 2mbit (when it holds sync long enough to test that is) its stablish atm and is synced at 5888kbps but its still only 2mbit :/
vic_newey
Grafter

MaxDSL

with all this going on what effect does having MTU / TCP at wrong settings for the new speeds ? we all have this I presume set at our current 1meg or 2 meg optimisations , can this cause adverse effects & encourage line dropping etc .?
N/A

MaxDSL

hum, just checked my email and found this from yesterday:

Dear Mr xxxxx,

PlusNet are pleased to confirm that your broadband regrade to BT IPStream
Home 2000 is now complete.

huh? home 2000? i was already on a home 2000 product..
Mand
Grafter

MaxDSL

You have been upgraded to MaxDSL, there is an error in the automated email that is sent when this completes.
N/A

MaxDSL

yep just seen it on several other threads, thanks for the info tho Smiley
Mand
Grafter

MaxDSL

No probs Smiley