cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDSL in 3 weeks...I think NOT!

N/A

[Censored]

Thats what I think of you +net......Promise MaxDSL in 3 weeks then when you realise you cant cope...you pull the moratorium card.

PISH!
24 REPLIES
N/A

STILL waiting here as well, despite being one of the first to get the initial queue jump request in - and now this. Sad

Ah well, I suppose they best get it sorted sooner rather than later.
Community Veteran

I think its more BTs Antiquated systems that can't cope
retep
Grafter

Could well be BT I agree.

But are you really that keen for MaxDSL?

Plusnet's service status reported today: 10% of the MaxDSL upgrades have had problems. In my case dropouts, lost connections (for a day or more) and lower speeds. Are you still keen?

Peter.
Community Veteran

bobthegeek, they may have done you a favour. :shock:

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I'm sorry if people are disappointed by this news, but with the number of regrades that are going wrong we feel that it isn't right to take the risk with our customers' connections until BT Wholesale can fix the problems with the Dynamic Line Management.

There's just too high a risk of seeing problems at the moment and that in turn has a big knock on effect to response times from the support team.

We will recommence the regrade programme once BT have corrected the problems with DLM.
Community Veteran

Mr T,

Could you list the particular problems you would like them to address?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

I to feel let down by the lack of upgrade, been here a while and not getting a lot for my money.
mrchalk
Grafter

STILL waiting here as well, despite being one of the first to get the initial queue jump request in - and now this. Sad

Ah well, I suppose they best get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Sorry, im waiting for my 3/4 week upgrade too. Can i just ask, what do you mean "and now this"? Cheers bud!
N/A

Ok....

Time to rant.
It's comments like that that P......... me off.
Less than 5 years ago an 8meg connection was not possible. Well not unless you rented an OC3 at about 300,000 squid per qear.
If you wanted a 2meg line you would have had to pay 30 grand per year.

So lets see, you are getting 2meg for between £180 and £260 per year and you call that getting nothing for your money......

Some people!!!!!
N/A

hockings 3 or 4 years ago went on a leased line at work for £12k a year. This was contended at 1:1 and has the same upload/download speed of 2meg.

So to compare that is utterly crazy!

There are problems but by the response of that CS assistant it sounds sounds like MaxDSL upgrades are suspended! Is this trueHuhHuh
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Could you list the particular problems you would like them to address?

By default Max is enabled with a target SNR of 6dB and interleaving disabled. For some lines this doesn't work properly and the line disconnects. What should happen is DLM should analyse these connections and up the target SNR or apply interleaving.

In a significant number of cases this isn't happening and we are having to raise faults with BT for them to change the target SNR or apply interleaving manually.

With the volumes we are seeing this in it causes delays in raising, so in what should be an automated process applied by the DLM system it becomes something manual that takes significantly longer.
mrchalk
Grafter

Hi Dave, are upgrades suspended full stop?
N/A

So Dave that effectively means that plus net have lied in the 3-4 week period for those that have opted in?

Maybe we are reading this wrong, but the 'significantly longer' statement negates a relatively short initial statement of 3-4 weeks!

Maybe it is bad inference on our part, but please clarify via an announcement if the 'small print' details have significantly changed!
N/A

Just an honest and open answer would be great. i.e. will take 6 weeks, instead of significantly longer.

I mean how long is a peice of string!