Julie
Grafter

MaxDSL disconnects

Hi All,

Can anyone advise whether I should put in a ticket about this
I got upgraded last night to MAXDSL, but have been having constant disconnects
It has got worse over the last hour or so
I have been syncing between 6.4 and 6.7 meg
It is really becoming an unusable connection at the moment and I had such a stable 2meg connection before

Lets hope I can post this before I go again...LOL
Thanks Smiley
22 REPLIES
Slipperymack
Grafter

MaxDSL disconnects

Exactly the same for me - I raised a ticket last night and have so far got no response. Only a message when I try to use fault checker - that "we have identified a fault". :?:

I did not even know of the upgrade until I spotted that my sync was 7.3 ish. Cheesy

NB: Whilst trying to respond here I have been disconnected twice 9make that three!!!) - last night I must have been disconnected about 30 times. I play a lot of on line games but it pointless whilst this is going on. Evil

I understand that there may be disconnection problems with the upgrades - but how about a bit of communication from Plusnet!!!!!
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

it will keep disconnecting you for the next 10 days or so while the line syncs and bt mess about, just hold on in there
Julie
Grafter

MaxDSL disconnects

Thanks for your replies but camsoft surely it will not keep disconnecting you every few mins, like it has done for me the past hour or so, this will be madness for the next 10 days.
I may as well switch of and switch back on in 10 days time Cheesy
Community Veteran

MaxDSL disconnects

You could actually try leaving it off/disconnected for a hour or so and try again.

Also make sure all phones etc are properly filtered.

Have you tried connecting direct to the master socket to see if things improve?
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

I may as well switch of and switch back on in 10 days time Cheesy

Jules, think of all those sunny spring days that are beckoning... Cheesy
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

Last night was the pits. I turned off my router for a bit and then back on. Same thing.

I got back from work, went online, everything was back to normal, downloading seems okay, gaming etc. And just after 9.30pm, it was back to random disconnections and download speed are so bad (still at 2mbit ADSL speed but I can tell that MaxDSL is switched on my line) Sad

:roll:

Patience is indeed a virtue!
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

This is a good read for MaxDSL questions: http://aaisp.net.uk/maxmagic.html

It seems that we are all in the same boat. Some of us are having constant disconnections while the other half seem to be being forced to extremely slow speeds (I am currently running at less than 512k).

If anyone has had a perfect 10 day experience I would love to hear from you lol Wink
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

I have read that earlier Sad

Ah well.. at least spring is here! Sunny days ahead...
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

Ah well.. at least spring is here! Sunny days ahead...

Yeah I sat in the garden today in the sun trying to relax due to the weird internet issues lol. If I stayed in any longer trying to work out whats going on I feared whatever mist came over Thomasson would come over me... :x

If you dont know what I am talking about look here:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41958

Quite comical really but.. wow.. a £70 router - killed :?
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

Heh, we all cannot stay away from the online world nowadays unlike the koreans as mentioned on the BBC News:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4968314.stm

The best bit was this:

Back at her apartment I asked Jae-yeon what would happen if the internet crashed and she couldn't get to her Cyworld miniroom. "For how long?" she asked, a wave of panic crossing her face. "I just don't know how I would cope."

Now that's sheer panic Wink

£70 gone just like that.. You definitely learnt your lesson there!!!
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

£70 gone just like that.. You definitely learnt your lesson there!!!

I blew up a £300 graphics card once, that was a right laugh :lol: - Although losing the receipt was not Shockedops:

Haha

Back to topic:

I cant wait for MaxDSL to max itself right out of my hair! I just wish we was given more information at the start of the upgrades, although PN actually give more information than BT. As BT seemingly say nothing, just "You have been upgraded" :?
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

Shocked

Definitely have to be patience with this one.. Annoying.
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

i have just started syncing at 1mb after having no connection all day
N/A

MaxDSL disconnects

You been put on interleaving Tony?